BENEFIT: Receive FREE Next Day Air Shipping (US) with $50 purchase. Enter promo code JINGLE07 at checkout. Valid only on US purchases. Expires December 20th, 2007.
LUSH: Free shipping on orders of $99 or more through December 24th. Free upgrade to priority shipping when you select express shipping by noon PST December 20th, 2007.
MAC: Receive free 2-day shipping with code 2DAY, or $5 overnight shipping. Expires December 20th, 2007.
SEPHORA: Free upgrade to UPS 2-day or Overnight shipping, no promotion code necessary. Expires December 20th, 2007.
Last Minute Shopping Tips
- Gift cards are easy, no-fuss ways to get that last minute gift on-time. I know some loathe to give gift cards, but it’s always fun to pick out what you want later on. Tons of retailers offer e-gift cards, too, so you can still do it online and not hit the holiday madness at the mall!
- If you’re going out, GO EARLY! Malls are open bright and early this week, and probably next as well. I know mine opened at 8am everyday this week, and it truly is a ghost town at 8-9am. Think about other shops, too, like specialty grocery stores, stationary shops, etc. Gifts are everywhere, you just have to think about what kind of items you’re looking for and be inventive.
- Homemade gifts can be done in the next few days, and you won’t have to worry about expedited shipping, biting your nails wondering if FedEx is going to get to your door step on time (ahem). Try making your own ornaments, or a set, to give to a friend or family member. Craft stores sell tons of clear ornaments that you can fill with various decorative items, or toss in a photo or two of you and the giftee. Even a semi-homemade gift isn’t bad–fill up a basket with the giftee’s favorite foods and drinks, or splurge and get a fancy bottle of champagne or wine for them.
- Bake something delicious. Go for the gusto with a superb pastry that takes an hour or two in the kitchen. Or do what my boyfriend’s mother does: bake about twenty different holiday treats! She makes so many different desserts and cookies during the holidays, and then she makes goody bags for everyone she knows!
- IOUs may be frowned upon, but it can be done in a way where it isn’t the worst gift to be received. Try making a booklet of IOUs for your sweetie or even your mom. Make them like coupons so they can be redeemed; be creative and think of things the giftee might want done. Here are a few ideas: “Good for one back massage,” “Will wash dishes for a week,” “Good for one dinner out on me,” and “$100 shopping spree on me.”
Share your last-minute shipping deals in the comments! I know I’ve missed a few!
Save 10% on orders of $40 or more from now through December 16th with code BL17 at www.essie.com.Â
Sephora.com has several items in their sale section that make Friday shopping fun! Philosophy scents in Apple, Lemonade, and Mint are 15-25% off, while Becca products are being phased out and thus deeply discounted (hurry, stock is being depleted fast!). Sephora seems to be phasing out several of their Sephora brushes (or at least old-styled brushes), so you can get them on the cheap, too. Find sale items quick by typing in “sale” in Sephora’s search box!
Tarte still has their friends & family sale on-going until the end of December. Save 35% by using code “FF07.”
Stila fans can save 20% using discount code “LOTTA20″, plus free shipping when you spend $30 or more. (Thanks Ariele!)
Steve Madden Friends & Family Sale will save you 25% this weekend only (December 7th-9th) with code “F&F2007.” (Thanks Tricia!)
BakersShoes.com also has their F&F sale giong on December 8th-9th, saving you 30% off with code “1289.” (Thanks Tricia!)
Bluefly.com has a quick F&F sale this weekend to save you 20% with code “FAF9.”
Did you spot an excellent beauty deal for the weekend? Tell us all about in the comments!
Save 35% by using code FF07 through December 31st! Have fun shopping!
Fashion and luxury brands, hand-selected styles, members-only preferred pricing. Welcome to the world of Gilt Groupe.
Gilt Groupe is a referral based online community dedicated to offering their members unique access to highly coveted luxury and fashion brands at the most desirable price points.
Gilt Groupe hand selects both established and up-and-coming designers relevant to its membership base. Every Shopping Event is designer-specific and held over a 36 hour period (or until sold out). All sales take place on our website www.glt.com.
As a preview to the actual Shopping Event, Gilt Groupe’s production team creates a trailer (short video reel) to introduce each designer and brand to its membership and makes additional background information available through our website so that each and every member has the opportunity to fully experience that particular designer or brand.
Today, Gilt Groupe Presents Lorelei followed by Alessandro dell’Acqua on Thursday December 6th, and Marchesa on Wednesday December 12th.
Gilt has extended 500 VIP Invitations for Temptalia readers. Just follow this link to sign up: http://www.gilt.com/promo/temptalia.
Macy’s is having their 20% Friends and Family sale going on now! Just enter code “MACYSFF” for 20% off, and for free shipping over $100, apply code GIVEGIFT.
Psst, support Temptalia by shopping through our links/images!