AVEDA @ Jason Wu
This is a sculpted, voluminous chignon with a textured, 6 inch wide, sheer black ribbon woven into the hair in a spontaneous and organic way. The finished look is feminine and elegant with an edge.
Get the Look
- Step 1: Apply Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Style-Prep Smoother throughout damp hair and blow dry straight.
- Step 2: Work Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Glossing Straightener through hair to achieve a straight, smooth, glossy finish.
- Step 3: Separate hair into front and back sections. Pull back section into a tight ponytail to the middle/back of the head and secure with a bungee elastic.
- Step 4: Tie a 7-foot long piece of 6-inch wide, black horse hair ribbon around the ponytail. Secure each end to the head on either side of the pony with bobby pins the color of hair.
- Step 5: Mist the entire head with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for added shine and workable hold.
- Step 6: Weave front section of hair back in smaller, 1-inch pieces, over the ribbon, securing against the head with bobby pins. Continue weaving hair and ribbon, creating loops with the ribbon around back of the head, until all hair has been worked through.
- Step 7: Weave ponytail in 1-inch sections in loops throughout the ribbon, securing against the head with bobby pins, until all hair and ribbon are used. Hair and ribbon are looped together spontaneously, creating a sculptural, voluminous updo. Fray the ends of the ribbon and leave exposed.
- Step 8: Spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for finish and hold.
See more photos and Q&A… Continue reading “NYFW S/S ’10: AVEDA @ Jason Wu”