Just Playing: MAC In the Groove & Togetherness
I wanted to do something quick using the new In the Groove products for something for lip swatches (which I didn’t end up using, LOL), and this is what I ended up with.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Togetherness Mineralize Eyeshadow Trio (lilac), MAC Fresh & Easy Mineralize Eyeshadow Trio (pink), MAC Togetherness Mineralize Eyeshadow Trio (gray), MAC Togetherness Mineralize Eyeshadow Trio (violet), MAC Brule Eyeshadow (highlighter), Make Up For Ever #11L Aqua Eyes (violet), MAC Haute & Naughty Lash (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Band of Roses Mineralize Blush Duo (raspberry), MAC By Candlelight Mineralize Skinfinish (pinky highlighter)
- Lips: MAC I Like It Like That Lipstick (pinky lilac), MAC On the Scene Cremesheen Glass (sheer peach)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Togetherness = Digit (lilac), Print (gray), Violet pigment (violet); Fresh & Easy = Pink Freeze (pink); Band of Roses = Dollymix; By Candlelight = Dior Rose Diamond; I Like It Like That = Snob; On the Scene = Big Baby
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Togetherness (lilac) eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease. Lightly blend Fresh & Easy (pink) eyeshadow on the middle of the lid with the 239. On the outer lid, apply Togetherness (gray) eyeshadow with the 239 and blend into the crease. Next, apply Togetherness (violet) eyeshadow into the crease with the 226. Lightly blend Togetherness (lilac) eyeshadow on the inner tearduct and above the crease with the 239. Blend Brule eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying #11L eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Haute & Naughty Lash mascara.
For cheeks, apply a swirl of Band of Roses blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116, then lightly pat By Candlelight mineralize skinfinish on the cheekbones.
For lips, apply I Like It Like That lipstick first, and then layer On the Scene cremesheen glass for a complementing lip.