Look: LORAC Private Affair
I just finished up testing LORAC’s Private Affair palette (review coming soon), and this is a finished look I did using the palette. The burgundy shade is so disappointing, because it looks so lush and pigmented when swatched and when initially patted on, but it fades away so quickly to this dirty mauve pink. More on all that soon, I promise!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), LORAC Private Affair Palette (first shade — champagne, fourth shade — metallic taupe; fifth shade — burgundy; sixth shade — blackened purple), Make Up For Ever #4L Aqua Eyes (plum), Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (Rouge Noir)
- Face: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (Punjab), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Rock & Republic Lust Blush (dirty red-pink)
- Lips: Vincent Longo Aurelia Lipgloss (plum)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply the taupe eyeshadow on the inner half of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease. Lightly blend the burgundy eyeshadow on outer half of the lid with the 239. Next, apply the blackened purple eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Blend the champagne eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying #4L aqua eyes on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Lust blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Aurelia lipgloss for a complementing lip.