5 Pretty in Peach Blushes
Peach can be a really wearable color that can look natural on any skin tone. Cooler complexions will find that peach-hued blushes can help mitigate any natural redness on the cheeks without emphasizing it like a pink blush might. Warmer complexions are easily freshened up with a pop of peach on the cheeks. Reader Sirinthorn wanted to see what my five picks would be for peach blushes, and here they are:
- Chanel Espiegle— peach-orange with a satiny sheen
- MAC Peaches — classic peach with subtle brown undertones
- Make Up For Ever #14 — soft peach
- NARS Sex Appeal — pale peach
- MAC Melba — dirty peach-brown with a matte finish
What’s your favorite peach blush?
If you were using NARS Sex Appeal Blush?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
Ode to Hourglass Gypsy
I have raved about Hourglass’ Visionaire Eyeshadow Duos before–the texture is really top notch: buttery, soft, and easy to blend. I don’t think there’s a single thing I dislike about these duos. The price is hefty, but then they give you a ton of each color. I would love to see them put out more shades, though. Is that a con? Hm.
As you can tell from this look, I was test-driving quite a few products I’ve yet to review. Some quick notes…
- Hourglass Gpysy eyeshadow duo makes for a really easy, go-to everyday look
- Lancome Definicils Precious Cells mascara clumped up a lot, seemingly dry, so I’m going to have to check the tube and do some more testing
- NARS Sex Appeal blush barely shows up on me (NC25/NC30 skin tone, for reference), bummer!
- NARS Bougainville lipgloss is a sexy, vampy shade — in the vein of Strawberry Fields but noticeably darker
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Hourglass Gypsy Eyeshadow Duo (champagne/chocolate brown), MAC Lord It Up Pearlglide Eyeliner (dark brown), Lancome Definicils Precious Cells Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: NARS Sex Appeal Blush
- Lips: NARS Bougainville Lipgloss
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply the champagne eyeshadow all over the lid, blending just above the crease. Next, apply the chocolate brown eyeshadow into the crease with the 226 and blend softly above and below the crease. Lightly highlight the brow bone with the champagne eyeshadow with the 217. Bring everything together by applying Lord It Up pearlglide eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Hypnose Precious Cells mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sex Appeal blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Bougainville lipgloss for a complementing lip.