5 Perfectly Pink Lipsticks for Valentine’s Day – Bright Edition
Pretty in pink gone bold and bright! Make your lips the star with any of these five shades
- MAC Show Orchid — bright, fuchsia, iridescent
- NARS Carthage — brightened dark pink
- MAC Full Fuchsia — brightened red-fuchsia
- NARS Schiap — bright blue-based fuchsia
- Milani Rose Hip — bright, medium pink with blue undertones
What’s your pick for a bright pink Valentine’s Day lip?
5 Bright Pink Lipsticks
Well, four lipsticks and one lipgloss… which is more like a liquid lipstick anyway!
What’s your go-to bright pink lipstick?
If you were using NARS Schiap Lipstick?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
NARS Schiap Lipstick
The Summer Season: NARS Schiap Lipstick
NARS Schiap Lipstick ($24.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a bright, fuchsia-pink with a semi-matte finish. It has no shimmer, but it does have a slightly glossy sheen, so it doesn’t a completely matte finish. Schiap applies beautifully–soft, smooth, and the color looks even with little effort. I like that it’s not totally matte, because I think if it was, this shade might be drying. The slight creaminess and glisten to it give it enough moisture to keep from drying your lips out (but if you have really dry lips, I recommend prepping well before wearing this). NARS lipsticks are scent-free and taste-free (though you might detect a wax-y scent). I got about four hours of wear before it started fading, but it held on pretty well.
Is this the right pink lipstick for you? Would you wear it?
The Summer Season is a series of posts featuring bright, vibrant shades of coral, orange, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for a summer of fun — that runs through July 2010.
Bright Makeup: Yellow, Pink, & Purple
I felt like playing around a bit last night, so I ended up with this at the end of playtime! Thought I’d share I normally pair this kind of look with bright pink lips, but I thought I’d try something a little more orange, just for fun, so there are two lip combos in this look.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Golden Lemon Pigment (yellow gold), MAC Goldenrod Eyeshadow (golden yellow), MAC Bright Sunshine Eyeshadow (yellow), MAC Passionate Eyeshadow (dark pink), MAC Beauty Marked Eyeshadow (blackened burgundy), MAC Stars ‘n Rockets Eyeshadow (fuchsia-purple), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), MAC Blackline Pearlglide Eyeliner (black with gold), MAC Blacktrack Fluidline (black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black), MAC Opulash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb Blush (peachy-pink)
- Lips: MAC Morange Lipstick (orange), Chanel Venus Glossimer (sheer pink), NARS Schiap Lipstick (bright pink), Benefit Back to the Fuchsia Ultra Shine Lip Shine (sheer fuchsia)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply Golden Lemon pigment all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Goldenrod eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Bright Sunshine eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Passionate eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. With the 226, apply Beauty Marked eyeshadow into the outer crease, and then gently press Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow into the middle of the crease with the 239. Lightly tap and brush Bright Sunshine eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Blacktrack fluidline on the upper lash line, Blackline eyeliner on the outer half of the lower lash line and Bright Sunshine eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Opulash and Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sugarbomb blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Morange lipstick first, and then layer Venus glossimer for a complementing lip. or try Schiap lipstick layered with Back to the Fuchsia lip shine.