NARS Lip Glosses: Albatross, Luxor, Super Orgasm, Luster, Angelika, Oasis
NARS Sephora Exclusive Lip Glosses
…coming to a Sephora near you! These officially launch on July 29th, and they are exclusive to Sephora and limited edition. Each shade is designed and created after several of NARS’ best-selling blush shades that go by the same name. I showed you swatches and photos a week or so ago, but now I’m pleased to be able to give you lip swatches, too!
NARS Lip Glosses have a thinner texture, and they feel lightweight and don’t dry out lips. They’re not ultra hydrating, but they impart some moisture into lips while you wear ‘em. I find them a little tacky but not sticky, but it definitely depends on how much you apply. They’re scent- and taste-free, and you get a good amount for your $24 (0.28 oz.). Colors are on the sheerer side, like most lip glosses, but they all gave lips a different look than au natural, which is fantastic.
- Albatross is a semi-sheer champagne beige base with brighter champagne gold shimmer with a glossy sheen.
- Luxor is a sheer milky pink base with brighter pink shimmer and a glossy sheen. It’s very similar to Albatross, just pink-toned. Luxor has a bit of an iridescent flash to it, which makes it a step up from your ordinary lip gloss. (This shade is a Nordstrom exclusive!)
- Super Orgasm is a light pink with golden sparkle. It has a slight milky, jelly kind ofl ook, but it gives some color, though it’s hot opaque.
- Luster is a brownish beige with orange-gold shimmer. It’s semi-sheer, and it’s one of the shades that didn’t seem to apply as evenly as I’d have liked. From a normal viewing distance, you couldn’t really tell, though.
- Angelika is a bright pop of blue-based pink with a slight lilac edge. Despite the strong cool undertones, it’s definitely wearable on warmer skin tones.
- Oasis is a mauvey pink with golden shimmer and a glossy look. This one was definitely my favorite, because it gave me some color but looked really lovely all on its own. More jelly, less milky, but still plenty glossy.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If you’re a fan of NARS’ Lip Glosses (or even Blushes) and see a shade that suits you, they’re definitely worth a look-see once they launch.
Availability: July 29th at Sephora
5-Minute Makeup: Easy Neutrals
Yeah, yeah! Another neutral look! What of it? :) No, but seriously, I had some furious lip swatching to do today, and I always want to have some makeup on but nothing that would skew the lip color, so I tend to lean on the neutral side. This is a great quick neutral look that works for most occasions.
What’s the best part about your Tuesday so far? For me, it was playing around with some NARS blushes… which are gorgeous!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Dazzlelight Eyeshadow (shimmering white-champagne), MAC Soba Eyeshadow (soft golden brown), MAC Wedge Eyeshadow (soft medium brown), MAC Grain Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Underground 24/7 Liner (dark brown), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: NARS Oasis Blush (dirty pink-plum)
- Lips: NARS Oasis Lip Gloss (dirty pink-plum)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Dazzlelight eyeshadow on the inner half of the lid. Apply Soba eyeshadow on the outer half of the lid, then lightly blend Wedge eyeshadow in the outer crease and very outer edge of the lid with the 226. Blend Grain eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone . Bring everything together by applying Underground liner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Oasis blush on the apples of the cheeks and smooth with fingertips.
For lips, apply Oasis lipgloss for a complementing lip.
NARS Lipgloss: Albatross, Angelika, Luster, Super Orgasm, Oasis
Preview: NARS Sephora Exclusive Lip Glosses
On July 29th, NARS will roll out five limited edition lip glosses at Sephora. Each will retail for $24 and is named after one of their best-selling blushes. The shades include: Albatross (luminous glow), Angelika (cotton candy pink with gold and silver sparkle), Oasis (sparkling pink champagne), Super Orgasm (peachy pink with gold glitter), and Luster (sheer golden apricot).
- Albatross is a sheer white-gold with pale gold shimmer.
- Angelika is a semi-sheer brightened blue-based pink with very subtle silver shimmer.
- Luster is a sheer muted tangerine-peach with copper-gold shimmer.
- Super Orgasm is a sheer played down pink with gold shimmer.
- Oasis is a plummy mauve with gold shimmer.
NARS Lip Gloss has a thin, slightly tacky texture. I found these a little stickier than the average NARS Lip Gloss. Though I’ve only tried Albatross on my lips, they seemed on the sheerer side (which is standard for the brand’s glosses), so don’t expect a big pop of pigment. They’re all easy-to-wear, everyday kind of shades. Angelika is the brightest, but it sheers out quite a bit–it has a creamier, jelly-ish look in comparison to the other four, which definitely have more of a shimmer finish.
(I would happily do lip swatches for you, but these photos were taken at a NARS preview event that I attended in San Francisco yesterday, so all I got are swatches for now! Apologies!)