5 Playful Plum Blushes
Plum blush can be used in a variety ways, from subtle to bold, so it can really bring drama to the face and create a look that really emphasizes the cheeks if one desires. If you have a cooler complexion, you may look for a plum with a subtle pink or berry tone, while warmer complexions may look for a plum with a subtle brown undertone. Or throw away the rules and go for the one that strikes your fancy
- Bobbi Brown Plum — rich pink plum
- Burberry Cameo — softened brown-plum
- theBalm Cabana Boy — shimmered plum-berry
- NARS Oasis — dirty plum with gold shimmer
- MAC Plum Foolery — dirty plum with a shimmer-sheen
What’s your favorite plum blush?
Top 10 of 2011: Blushes & Highlighters
It’s so hard for me to pick favorites, but these are ten products that really caught my eye this year for adding color and/or glow to cheeks. Since these are products for 2011, I did exclude any spring 2012 products that may have been reviewed this year, as they’re technically for next – so these feature products new for 2011 and permanent products I discovered this year!
- Guerlain Parure de Nuit
- Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous
- Guerlain Blush G Serie Noire
- Benefit Watt’s Up
- Tarte Exposed
- Guerlain Terra Inca
- Tarina Tarantino Feather
- NYX Menage a Trois
- NARS Oasis
- Chanel Beiges Ombres Tissees
What was your favorite blush/highlighter that you discovered this year?
If you were using NARS Oasis Blush?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
5-Minute Makeup: Easy Neutrals
Yeah, yeah! Another neutral look! What of it? No, but seriously, I had some furious lip swatching to do today, and I always want to have some makeup on but nothing that would skew the lip color, so I tend to lean on the neutral side. This is a great quick neutral look that works for most occasions.
What’s the best part about your Tuesday so far? For me, it was playing around with some NARS blushes… which are gorgeous!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Dazzlelight Eyeshadow (shimmering white-champagne), MAC Soba Eyeshadow (soft golden brown), MAC Wedge Eyeshadow (soft medium brown), MAC Grain Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Underground 24/7 Liner (dark brown), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: NARS Oasis Blush (dirty pink-plum)
- Lips: NARS Oasis Lip Gloss (dirty pink-plum)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Dazzlelight eyeshadow on the inner half of the lid. Apply Soba eyeshadow on the outer half of the lid, then lightly blend Wedge eyeshadow in the outer crease and very outer edge of the lid with the 226. Blend Grain eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone . Bring everything together by applying Underground liner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Oasis blush on the apples of the cheeks and smooth with fingertips.
For lips, apply Oasis lipgloss for a complementing lip.