NARS Look: Mangrove & Daphne
I liked this in close-ups, but I don’t like it so much with my skin tone overall. I think someone paler than me could really rock this, though! 🙂
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), NARS Mangrove Eyeshadow (mustard yellow), NARS Rajasthan Eyeshadow (golden taupe/dark green-blue), NARS Daphne Eyeshadow (deep purple), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), Make Up For Ever #11L Aqua Eyes (violet), Lancome Precious Cells Mascara (black)
- Face: NARS Sheer Matte Foundation (Punjab), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: NARS Douceur Blush (rosy brown)
- Lips: MAC Liquid Lurex Dazzle Lipstick (sheer green-gold), MAC Hi-Falutin’ Dazzleglass (pink melon)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Liquid Lurex = Tanarama (not a great dupe), Hi-Falutin’ = Enchantress
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Mangrove eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease. Lightly blend Rajasthan (taupe) eyeshadow on the middle of the lid blended to the outer lid with the 239. Next, apply Daphne eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying #11L eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Precious Cells mascara.
For cheeks, apply Douceur blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Liquid Lurex lipstick first, and then layer Hi-falutin’ dazzleglass for a complementing lip.