NARS Lip Glosses: Albatross, Luxor, Super Orgasm, Luster, Angelika, Oasis
NARS Sephora Exclusive Lip Glosses
…coming to a Sephora near you! These officially launch on July 29th, and they are exclusive to Sephora and limited edition. Each shade is designed and created after several of NARS’ best-selling blush shades that go by the same name. I showed you swatches and photos a week or so ago, but now I’m pleased to be able to give you lip swatches, too! 🙂
NARS Lip Glosses have a thinner texture, and they feel lightweight and don’t dry out lips. They’re not ultra hydrating, but they impart some moisture into lips while you wear ’em. I find them a little tacky but not sticky, but it definitely depends on how much you apply. They’re scent- and taste-free, and you get a good amount for your $24 (0.28 oz.). Colors are on the sheerer side, like most lip glosses, but they all gave lips a different look than au natural, which is fantastic.
- Albatross is a semi-sheer champagne beige base with brighter champagne gold shimmer with a glossy sheen.
- Luxor is a sheer milky pink base with brighter pink shimmer and a glossy sheen. It’s very similar to Albatross, just pink-toned. Luxor has a bit of an iridescent flash to it, which makes it a step up from your ordinary lip gloss. (This shade is a Nordstrom exclusive!)
- Super Orgasm is a light pink with golden sparkle. It has a slight milky, jelly kind ofl ook, but it gives some color, though it’s hot opaque.
- Luster is a brownish beige with orange-gold shimmer. It’s semi-sheer, and it’s one of the shades that didn’t seem to apply as evenly as I’d have liked. From a normal viewing distance, you couldn’t really tell, though.
- Angelika is a bright pop of blue-based pink with a slight lilac edge. Despite the strong cool undertones, it’s definitely wearable on warmer skin tones.
- Oasis is a mauvey pink with golden shimmer and a glossy look. This one was definitely my favorite, because it gave me some color but looked really lovely all on its own. More jelly, less milky, but still plenty glossy.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ! 🙂
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If you’re a fan of NARS’ Lip Glosses (or even Blushes) and see a shade that suits you, they’re definitely worth a look-see once they launch.
Availability: July 29th at Sephora