theBalm Shady Lady Vol. 3 Look
Quickie look I did the other day to test out theBalm’s eyeshadows. Happy Lunar New Year!!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), theBalm Envious Erin Eyeshadow (white gold), theBalm Come-Hither Heather Eyeshadow (grayish plum), theBalm All the Way Annie Eyeshadow (plum), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow, Urban Decay Rockstar 24/7 Liner (plum), Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (Medium), Burberry Pressed Powder (03)
- Cheeks: NARS Dolce Vita Blush (reddened plum)
- Lips: Clarins Lilac Pink Rouge Prodige Lipstick (pinky plum)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 263 (angled eyeliner brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Envious Erin eyeshadow on the lower lid. Lightly blend Come-Hither eyeshadow in and above the crease with the 222. Layer All the Way Annie eyeshadow into the crease with the 239. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Rockstar liner on the lower lash line and blending Valiant eyeshadow underneath. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Dolce Vita blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Lilac Pink lipstick for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos! Continue reading “theBalm Shady Lady Vol. 3 Look”
Bright Makeup: Lotsa Teals
Here’s a quick look I did using two of the new Benefit eyeshadows, plus one of Urban Decay’s new Stardust eyeshadows (to be reviewed in full later). Really loving the way Dolce & Gabbana Nude Blush looks, though. Pain in the behind to photograph a swatch of it, but boy is it gorgeous on.
Is it really only Tuesday? I feel like it should be Friday. Not that I want time to go by that quickly, but it’s been a tiring week… and it’s only Tuesday!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Teal Pigment (teal), Benefit Shamrocker Eyeshadow (mint), Benefit Mermaid Eyeshadow (green-teal with gold), Urban Decay Atmosphere Eyeshadow (teal), MAC Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow (green-gold), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Binge 24/7 Liner (dark blue), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Bobbi Brown Extra Tinted Moisturizing Balm (Light-to-Medium Tint)
- Cheeks: Dolce & Gabbana Nude Blush (soft beige-pink)
- Lips: Cle de Peau #26 Lipstick (coral), Benefit Zone Out Lip Gloss (sheer gold)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply Teal pigment all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Shamrocker eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Mermaid eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Atmosphere eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Atmosphere eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. Lightly tap and brush Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Binge eyeliner on the lower lash line and Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Nude blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply #26 lipstick first, and then layer Zone Out lipgloss for a complementing lip.