- Bergdorf Goodman — Earn up to a $1,000 gift card with your select regular-price purchase, ends 1/22.
- Neiman Marcus — Earn up to a $500 gift card with select regular-price purchase with code NMSHOP (beauty/fragrances included), ends 1/24.
- Sephora — 10% off for VIB/VIB Rouges with code V436CB, one-time use per year (valid each year you reach or renew your VIB status), ends 12/31.
The Spring Season: Warmer Nudes Lipstick Wrap-up
I’m partial to warmer nudes myself, and I discovered several new favorites through the Spring Season–I hope you did, too! One reason I love doing end-of-series roundups is because it gives me an opportunity to see if there are good dupes for certain shades.
- For instance, #7 (Guerlain Guerlinade) is a new favorite nude for me, and the closest dupe here is #12 (MAC Freckletone), but it’s not quite there.
- On the other hand, #9 (Korres #34 Nude) and #14 (MAC Touch) have similar coloring but different textures.
- #8 (Julie Hewett Simone) is a pinker, more pigmented version of #2 (Chanel Mythic). #10 (Lancome Rich Cashmere) seems similar to #11 (MAC Cherish).
- #3 (Cle de Peau #103) seems like a cross between #9 (Korres #34 Nude) and #12 (MAC Freckletone).
- Benefit Sugar Cookie Lipstick
- Chanel Mythic Lipstick
- Cle de Peau #103 Extra Silky Lipstick
- Guerlain Barbara Rouge G Le Brilliant Lipstick
- Guerlain Forever Beige Lipstick
- Guerlain Gardenia Rouge G Lipstick
- Guerlain Guerlinade Rouge G Lipstick
- Julie Hewett Simone Lipstick
- Korres #34 Nude Guava Lipstick
- Lancome Rich Cashmere Lipstick
- MAC Cherish Lipstick
- MAC Freckletone Lipstick
- MAC Honeyflower Lipstick
- MAC Touch Lipstick
- Maybelline Caramel Kiss Lipstick
Summer Makeup: Sunny Grass – Yellow, Chartreuse, and Green
Here’s a fun look for all the green lovers out there!
Oh, you say Lucky Green is not permament? Well, let me fill you in on a little something MAC has slipped under the radar this season… On January 15th, MAC Freestanding stores will have Lucky Green… permanently. Oh, yeah! (I actually have a fairly decent amount of pan showing on my Lucky Green, love it so!)
Along with Lucky Green, PRO shades such as Atlantic Blue and a few additional shades will all be added the permanent eyeshadow range at freestanding stores. I don’t have much more information, but you can expect me to be at MAC first thing on the 15th to purchase one of each! 🙂 From what readers and artists have told me, all MAC counters will get these shades in, but counters will only have them available until their stock runs out. It’s pretty much the equivalent of C-Shock in terms of shades — they’re bright, colorful pops of color. I won’t be able to tell you anything about quality ’til Friday, sorry folks!
Here are the shades:
- Winkle Mid-tone cornflower blue
- Sunny Spot Light acid green yellow
- Lucky Green Frosted mid-tone lime
- Vibrant Grape Bright magenta violet
- Free To Be Bright true coral
- Atlantic Blue Bright violet blue
- Red Brick Orange red
- Goldenrod Bright marigold yellow
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), MAC Golden Olive Pigment (olive green), MAC Bright Sunshine Eyeshadow (PRO) (yellow), MAC Sour Lemon Eyeshadow (PRO) (chartreuse), MAC Lucky Green Eyeshadow (medium spring-y green), MAC Bio Green Eyeshadow (PRO) (medium green), MAC Humid Eyeshadow (forest green), MAC Bottle Green Eyeshadow (PRO) (dark green-teal), MAC Nylon Eyeshadow (golden highlighter), MAC Blacktrack Fluidline (black), Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner (gold), Make Up For Ever 20L Aqua Eyes Liner (green-teal), Chanel Exceptionnel Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: MAC Optimistic Orange Cremeblend Blush (orange)
- Lips: Maybelline Caramel Kiss Lipstick (caramel brown), Guerlain Champagne Pearl (#847) KissKiss Gloss (sheer beige)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Optimistic Orange = Rich Coral CCB
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply Golden Olive pigment all over the lid portion. Using the 239, apply Bright Sunshine eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Lucky Green eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Bio Green eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Humid eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. Next, define the crease by applying Bottle Green eyeshadow with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Bright Sunshine eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Nylon eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying #20L eyeliner on the lower waterline, Honey eyeliner on the lower lash line, and Sour Lemon eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by applying Blacktrack fluidline on upper lash line and then sweeping lashes with Exceptionnel mascara.
For cheeks, apply Optimistic Orange cremeblend blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Caramel Kiss lipstick first, and then layer Champagne Pearl lipgloss for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!
The Spring Season: Maybelline Caramel Kiss Lipstick
Maybelline Caramel Kiss Lipstick ($8.29) is a creamy browned nude — it’s kind of like a taste of caramel; a little warm, a smidgen golden, but very natural, soft, and wearable. I’m not usually big on brown-based shades, but this is a shade I can work with. I love the kiss of gold shimmer in this color, and the coverage is excellent. It clings and wears really well with lips, because it looks natural and lasts a good four hours on me.
Is this the right nude for you? Would you wear it?
The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.