5 Bold Blushes to Try
Want a blush that really packs a punch? Here are five outrageous blushes that will give you a bold cheek look!
- NARS Exhibit A — rich, matte orange-red
- Make Up For Ever Truth or Dare — creamy fuchsia-pink
- Make Up For Ever #75 — bright, nearly neon fuchsia-pink
- Make Up For Ever #99 — matte red
- MAC Full Fuchsia — brightened pink
What’s your favorite bold blush to wear?
Make Up For Ever #158 Eyeshadow
Make Up For Ever Eyeshadows ($19.00 each) and Diamond Eyeshadows ($20.00) each are sold individually in single-sized compacts. What’s nifty about the compacts is that they’re already magnetized and there’s no depotting necessary. If you need to pop one out, just take a pair of tweezers to do so (I do this to prevent any “oops!”). You can also purchase the eyeshadows in pan-form only (I believe that those are $13.00 each) and then fit them into 10-pan palettes (I believe those are $13 as well).
- #158 is a matte, medium red. It goes on smoothly, has good pigmentation, and it doesn’t have a chalky texture. Because of the intensity of the red pigment, this color may stain lids temporarily. Compared with 99, this is a much subtler red. I like that it doesn’t have any noticeable brown in it, so it doesn’t come out brick red.
- #99 is a matte, bright apple red. It feels like velvet when swatched, and it packs a lot of color without much product. This one, like 158, may also stain lids temporarily.
- #75 is a matte, bright hot pink. This is the shade I used in yesterday’s look, and it definitely gives you a nice pop of bright pink color. It, too, will stain your lids, though. I didn’t wear a base beyond my lid, and anywhere I had #75 above my lid, it stained. It is pretty easy to work with and feels like a buttery matte with no chalkiness to it.
- #85 is a shimmery, soft pink. This is a pretty color, and it reminds me of MAC Pink Freeze, just not as gritty/glittery. This is smoother, and while it doesn’t pack a lot of color, it is a nice all-over-lid shade to brighten up eyes.
- #303 is a shimmery, pale pastel pink. All Make Up For Ever shadows that start with a 3 (e.g. #3_ _) are Diamond Eyeshadows. According to the brand, Diamond Eyeshadows is a combinatoin of their Diamond Powders and their regular Eyeshadows. No matter what you call it, they’re shimmery and iridescent. This is almost like a pink-meets-lilac color, but it runs a bit pastel and cool-toned with subtle silvery-pink shimmer.
To avoid staining: make sure to layer a base underneath wherever you’re going to put a shadow that has the potential to stain. When I used #75 on my eyes, it only stained above my crease, where I laid it down directly onto skin. The staining does fade after about a day or so, though.
See more photos… Continue reading →