Pop-up Color with Teal
I was totally going to do a neutral look, but I was wearing a teal shirt… so one thing led to another and I ended up going for subtle color. Is it really only Tuesday? I feel like it should be Friday already! No, seriously… 🙂
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Indianwood Paint Pot (dark gold), MAC Nylon Eyeshadow (white-gold), MAC Patina Eyeshadow (antique gold), MAC Bottle Green Eyeshadow (matte blue-green), MAC Satin Taupe Eyeshadow (dark brown), MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Make Up For Ever #20L Aqua Eye Liner (forest green), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Korres Tinted Moisturizer (#2)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb (soft beige-pink)
- Lips: Guerlain Gardenia Rouge G Lipstick (pink nude), MAC Gold Dust Lipglass (sheer orange-gold)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Next, apply a secondary base of Indianwood paint pot on the lid only. Using the 239, apply Nylon eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Patina eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Humid eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Apply Bottle Green eyeshadow into the outer crease with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Nylon eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Ricepaper eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying #20L eyeliner on the lower lash line and sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sugarbomb blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Gardenia lipstick first, and then layer Gold Dust lipglass for a complementing lip.