5 Gorgeous Matte Brown Eyeshadows
There are SO many brown eyeshadows on the market! I know that sometimes it can be a “boring” category, but browns can be incredibly versatile and even though I love wickedly bright hues, I have a major soft spot for browns and beiges and the like.
- Inglot #360 — just slightly gray-tinted medium-dark brown
- Make Up For Ever #162 — rich burgundy-toned brown
- MAC Swiss Chocolate — warm, chocolaty brown
- Bare Escentuals Foreshadow — dark brown with red-burgundy undertones
- Inglot #329 — dark, barely warmed over, chocolate brown
What’s your favorite matte brown eyeshadow? What do you pair with it?
5 Deep Brown Eyeshadows
I love a rich, deep brown–they can look so luxurious!
- Make Up For Ever #162 — deep red-toned brown with a matte finish
- Bare Escentuals Foreshadow — deep, dark chocolate brown
- Tarina Tarantino Dreamy — deep, dark black-brown with gold shimmer
- MAC Embark — matte red-toned dark brown
- MAC Legendary Black — dark gray-tinted brown
What’s your favorite deep brown eyeshadow?
Make Up For Ever #311 Eyeshadow
Here’s kind of a mish-mash of shades — plummy/browns.
- #311 is a shimmery burgundy shade. It runs a little on the reddish wine side, and the shimmer is noticeable without being too much. It’s a diamond shadow, so it has a frostier finish than other iridescent shadows by Make Up For Ever.
- #141 is a sheer, slightly shimmery pale mauve-pink. It doesn’t have the best color pay off, but it can be layered to get a little more pop out of it.
- #162 is a matte, brownish-burgundy shade. It can be layered for increased intensity, though it has decent color pay off. I like it for the crease, personally!
- #84 is a shimmery, smoky green with gray tone. It has golden shimmer laced throughout. It reminded me of a lighter MAC Greensmoke eyeshadow, actually.
- #47 is a matte, grayed-down green. It’s kind of like a drab green in a way, but it’s a nice way to add depth to the crease without adding a lot of darkness.
Which of these are your favorites?
Check out more photos! Continue reading →