Make Up For Ever #79 Eyeshadow
Let’s talk purples!
- #79 is a dirty mauve-plum kind of shade. It’s a bit muted, which makes it an excellent color for smoky eyes, but it’s also nice for subduing bolder colors. It has a slight iridescence to it, but it isn’t overly frosty. I thought the pigmentatoin was good as well.
- #160 is a matte eggplant shade of purple. I really love using this with pinks and purples in the crease. It also works really well all over the lid and then a matte black in the crease for an ultra smoky eye. #160 is smooth and has plenty of color for you to enjoy.
- #142 is a shimmery medium purple with a silver sheen/shimmer to it. This isn’t quite as lovely as I was hoping, as it could pump out more color right away, but it layers decently so you can still get a more intense color if that’s what you want (like me).
- #92 is one of the brand’s more famous eyeshadows. It’s a matte, bold shade of violet-purple. It’s incredibly bright, and it goes on smoothly and packs a lot of color from the get go. I haven’t used this yet in a look, but I’m definitely eager to!
- #89 is a soft, pearly fuchsia-purple shade with slight violet sheen. It reminds me of a lighter, less frosty version of MAC’s Stars ‘n Rockets.
Which of these are your favorites?
Check out more photos!