An Ode to MAC True Chartreuse
It’s been awhile since I’ve done a really bright look, and of course, I had to go back to one of my favorite color combinations. MAC True Chartreuse is easily one of my favorite products, because it applies so beautifully and vibrantly.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC True Chartreuse Pigment (chartreuse), Make Up For Ever #159 Eyeshadow (dark blue), Make Up For Ever #72 Eyeshadow (electric blue), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Liner (black), Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (Medium), Burberry Pressed Powder (03)
- Cheeks: Le Metier de Beaute Echo Blush (peach-pink), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronze shimmer)
- Lips: Bobbi Brown Soft Coral Rich Color Lipstick (coral), Bobbi Brown Bare Pink Rich Color Lipstick (pink-nude)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239, apply a few drops of mixing medium to dampen the brush, then apply True Chatreuse pigment on the lower lid, blending just above the crease. Next, apply #159 eyeshadow into the crease with the 222. Take the 219 and apply #72 eyeshadow into the crease to brighten. Apply True Chartreuse pigment on the inner lid and brush upwards with the 239 (dry), and then hold the brush horizontally and apply it damp to the lower lash line. Use #72 eyeshadow on the outer half of the lower lash line using the 219 to smudge. Bring everything together by applying Perversion liner on the lower water line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Buxom Lash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Echo blush on the apples of the cheeks and pat towards the temple with fingers, then highlight cheekbones with Amber Diamond skin shimmer.
For lips, apply Bare Pink lipstick on lips first, and then dab Soft Coral lipstick to brighten, for a complementing lip.