MAC Chamomile Eyeshadow
MAC Warm & Cozy Collection: Eyeshadows
Four brown-hued shades of eyeshadow debuted in the Warm & Cozy Collection. On my skin (probably around NC20 for the underside of my arm — which is where I do swatches), they were all fairly faint. You can see the color, but they’re obviously not ultra rich in pigmentation. I don’t think that makes them bad necessarily, they’re just softer shades and definitely should be used in conjunction with a base (e.g. Cuddle shadestick).
- Chamomile is a pigmented light beige. Surprisingly, this was one of the more pigmented shades of the four. It would make an excellent all-over-lid shade or a highlighter. It’s like a beige-y version of Blanc Type.
- Modelette is a softly shimmered medium brown. It’s decently pigmented, but it’s not at all intense (just to be sure).
- Mulled Cider is a medium-dark red-tinged brown. It reminds me of a satin-finish Folie or Swiss Chocolate (and sheerer).
- Embark is a dark, red-based brown with a matte finish. It swatches like garbage, and I really couldn’t tell you why. This is definitely one of those looks-better-in-use shades, though (I’ve owned Embark forever!).
MAC has a whole slew of amazing neutral eyeshadows in their permanent line-up. I don’t know if these would be the first browns I’d go-to, to be honest. I’d probably just check out their permanent range, because there really are some incredible shades available. (You can see my eight must-have MAC neutrals here.)
MAC Nail Lacquer: Blissed Out, Dim the Lights
MAC Warm & Cozy Collection: Nail Lacquers
Two very opposite shades of nail lacquer come along with Warm & Cozy Collection.
- Blissed Out is a creamy beige with just a touch of pink. It’s more beige than pink, and it has a very creamy finish, but there seems to be just the faintest bit of shimmer laced in the formula. Like very, very subtle – I didn’t even notice it until I saw it in the photos. It took three medium-thick coats to get a mostly opaque look. I found the formula to apply smoothly and evenly, though – no streaking.
- Dim the Lights is a red-toned chocolate brown with a cream finish. This one I didn’t detect any shimmer, even in photos. It’s very rich and dark. The color reminded me of molten chocolate, actually. It’s an interesting shade, though I don’t think I’ll wear it much myself.
MAC By Candlelight Mineralize Skinfinish
MAC Warm & Cozy Collection: Mineralize Skinfinishes
I know many of you were excited to see two new skinfinishes join the Warm & Cozy Collection. I’ve never been able to jump on the mineralize skinfinish train with all my heart, but some of them are nicer than others.
- By Candlelight is a light-medium peachy-pink with a surprising amount of pigmentation. It has a very shimmery, frosty sheen, so a little can go along way. (I’d definitely recommend using a light hand or the 187 brush and build up intensity with this shade.) It kind of reminded me of a way more pigmented Porcelain Pink or a peachier Glissade.
- Comfort is a warmed-up medium bronze. It has a little orange to it, as well as a soft gold sheen. It’s not as shimmery or frosty as By Candlelight. It’s like a more intense, bronzed out version of Sunny By Nature or a more orange version of Gold Deposit, maybe.
MAC Cosmetics Warm & Cozy Collection
U.S. Launch Date: December 26th, 2009
A fireside fantasy far from the maddening crowd is undeniably appealing. Seek refuge in the warmth, the glow of skin rosy with Refined Golden Mineralize Skinfinish, Shadesticks in Cuddle, Nurture and Snuggle shades, cozy as a mug of cocoa on a bearskin rug. Curl up with the cashmere kiss of Warm Me Up Lipstick or Light That Fire! Lipglass; the woodsy, rustic chic of Mulled Cider Eye Shadow and Dim the Lights Na il La cquer. Like being in a majestic lodge surrounded by all of life’s real comforts. Natural beauty, the way M∙A∙C makes it modern.
Warm & Cozy Face, with Ca re Blends Essential Oils in Sweet Orange + La vender, or Grapefruit + Chamomile feels soothing and sultry when elements are harsh and extreme…add M∙A∙C signature innovation with Mineralize All-Over Moisture Lotion, and see new radiance, revivified lustre,optimum health. Like going on retreat and communing with nature, it’s an earthly way to bring back what the city takes away, and a sensual solution to make life simple, but luxurious. Winter beauty begins here.
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Spiced Tea Warm bronzed brown (Glaze) (Limited Edition)
- Warm Me Up Creamy mid-tone neutral pink (Amplified) (Limited Edition)
- Siss Muted golden beige (Satin) (Permanent)
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- 2N Creamy neutral yellow pink (Cream) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Feeling Dreamy Pale neutral pink with pink pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- 3N Neutral brown with gold and pink pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Light That Fire! Mid-tone burnt coral with pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Eyeshadow ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Chamomile Creamy pale yellow (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Modelette Mid-tone warm camel (Satin) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Milled Cider Dark warm brown (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Embark Intense reddish brown (Matte) (Permanent)
Shadestick ($16.50 U.S. / $20.00 CDN)
- Nurture Frosted pale neutral pink beige (Limited Edition)
- Relaxed Frosted dark chocolate brown (Limited Edition)
- Cuddle Frosted light golden yellow (Limited Edition)
- Warm & Cozy Frosted burnt amber with red and gold pearlized pigments (Limited Edition)
Mineralize Skinfinish ($27.00 U.S. / $32.50 CDN)
- Comfort Golden bronze (Limited Edition)
- By Candlelight Golden pink (Limited Edition)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S. / $14.50 CDN)
- Blissed Out Creamy light nude (Limited Edition)
- Dim the Lights Creamy warm dark chocolate (Limited Edition)
Tinted Lip Conditioner ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Close for Comfort Pinkish brown (Limited Edition)
- Feelin’ Good Light neutral beige (Limited Edition)