MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipglass
Support Viva Glam with the Newest Release!
MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipglass ($15.00 for 0.17 fl oz.) is described as a “hot pink.” It’s a brightened medium pink, kind of strawberry-pink like, with subtle yellow undertones. It’s not quite bright enough to be a true hot pink–at least not on lips, though it’s brighter in the tube than on. MAC Please Me is lighter, while Illamasqua Indulge is darker and brighter.
The color coverage is mostly opaque with a little translucency here and there. It does settle into lip lines somewhat. Lipglasses feel a little thick, and they are definitely tacky, so they are not everyone’s cup of tea. They are vanilla-scented but have no discernible taste. Viva Glam Nicki lasted five hours on me. It’s a little lighter, not quite as yellow-toned, as its lipstick counterpart. Since it’s been awhile, and I did want to show the gloss layered over the lipstick, I also included standalone lipstick swatches as well as the two layered.
MAC fan or not, Nicki Minaj fan or not, MAC’s Viva Glam campaign helps fund an organization that does a whole lotta good–the MAC AIDS Fund. Every cent of the selling price of Viva Glam products goes towards MAF. From the press kit they currently have available on their website, they were heading towards a $250 million goal for this past July–but as of February 2012, they had raised $235 million from the Viva Glam Lipstick and Lipglass shades. 100% of the sale price–not proceeds, profits, or an ambiguous figure–every cent. MAF provides financial support to organizations across the world to provide a range of services that include preventative care for HIV/AIDS as well as care for those with HIV/AIDS.
Fun facts: What 1 Viva Glam Lipstick (or Lipglass) can do…
- Purchase 254 condoms to prevent the transmission of HIV
- Provide 32 Safer Sex Kits which include condoms, lubricant and instructions
- Provide a clean, safe place to sleep for two nights for one resident living with HIV/AIDS
- Provide 45 minutes of lifesaving HIV prevention skills to a group of 75 women and girls
- Buy eight individually tailored, nutritious meals for a person affected by HIV/AIDS
- Prevent one mother from transmitting HIV to her baby
- Keep an injection drug user HIV and HCV free for one year by providing sterile syringes
- Purchase one rapid oral HIV test
- Test four babies to determine their HIV status
- Provide crisis counseling to a person living with AIDS who is also struggling with drug addiction, mental illness and homelessness
- Provide a new job interview shirt and tie for one resident at an HIV/AIDS housing organization
- Purchase 151 safer injection kits (cooker, cotton, tourniquet)
- Provide 30 minutes of training for 20 medical providers on integrating HIV prevention and reproductive health
- Provide a move-in kit for a client moving into new housing, including cleaning materials, toilet paper, laundry soap, dishes for one person, lightbulbs, etc.
- Buy 24 female condoms which are distributed by the DC Department of Health to prevent HIV, sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancy
Other available Viva Glam shades include Viva Glam VI and V Lipglasses; Viva Glam Ricky Lip Conditioner; and Viva Glam I, II, III, IV, V, VI, and Nicki Lipsticks.
|MAC Viva Glam is one of the best campaigns I've seen by a beauty brand. It's not a fad but a true cause that the brand supports fully. If this shade isn't for you, consider one of the many other shades available!|
|Login or Register to be able to add this to your Vanity or Wishlist! Plus rate and review!|