I’m totally rocking out to Travis Barker’s remix of Soulja Boy’s “Crank That.” It’s basically one of the most awesome things I’ve ever heard! As much as I’d love to listen to this on repeat for another hour or so, I need to head out and walk Mellan for a bit… and probably hit up Starbucks’ while doing so. Ahh, if only I had will power!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Teal pigment (teal base), Goldmine eyeshadow (true gold), Shimmermoss eyeshadow (teal), Electric Eel eyeshadow (bright blue), Deep Truth eyeshadow (dark blue), Climate Blue eyeshadow (dark indigo), Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow (green-toned gold), Prescriptives’ Grotto Kohl Liner (green-teal), Lancome Oscillation mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Enough Said blush (soft peach), NARS Super Orgasm blush (pink with peach)
- Lips: Velvet Teddy lipstick (semi-matte nude), Vital Spark lipglass (orange-gold)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Climate Blue = Parfait Amour + Contrast; Enough Said = bronzer; Vital Spark = Instant Gold
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Teal pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Goldmine eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Shimmermoss to the middle of the lid, overlaying it with Goldmine. Overlay the middle lid using Electric Eel eyeshadow, leaving about 1/4th of the lid left. Darken outer fourth of lid with Deep Truth eyeshadow, then gently sweep into crease. Deepen crease by gently patting Climate Blue eyeshadow into the crease with the 239 brush. Sweep Gorgeous Gold underneath the brow bone to highlight. Pat lower lash line with Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow using the 219. Finish with Prescriptives’ Grotto kohl liner on lower lash line, and Lancome Oscillation mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Enough Said & NARS Super Orgasm using the 129. Apply Velvet Teddy lipstick to lips, and then top with Vital Spark lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Even though Mood Ring is gorgeous, and the packaging for the eyeshadow trios is sleek and up my alley, I just can’t bring myself to buy it quite yet. So I set out to dupe a look I know I’d do as soon as I got the trio instead… BTW, clean your brushes often! I went to fix part of the inner lid, and what do you know, I get some teal-black, too.
I used Soft Ochre paint pot all over lid, Shroom eyeshadow on inner lid, Aquavert eyeshadow on middle of lid, Newly Minted eyeshadow patted on middle lid, Cloudburst eyeshadow on outer lid and crease, Newly Minted eyeshadow patted on outer crease, Shimmermoss eyeshadow on outer lid, Shroom eyeshadow above crease and on brow, Black Funk/Pop Blue dual edge pencil on lower lash line, Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow on lower inner lash line, Plushblack mascara, and Brun eyeshadow for brows. I wore Springsheen blush on cheeks with Guerlain Mythic Parfait Pressed Meterorite to highlight cheeks. I had Soft Lust lipstick with Vital Spark and Tartlette lipglass on my lips.
* This look is meant to replicate one that could be made using Heatherette Trio 1. Shroom = Hoppin’; Mood Ring = Aquavert, Newly Minted, Shimmermoss (They all get muddled together in this look – Aquadisiac + Newly Minted would also work; Meadowland is a good dupe on its own); Cloudburst = Cloudburst eyeshadow (launched with Blue Storm) — can be replaced with Carbon and layer Shimmermoss (tap it) for the slight blue reflects from Cloudburst.
** The lips are meant to also duplicate Heatherette products: Soft Lust = Lollipop Lovin’ (no green reflects in this version); Vital Spark + Tartlette = Sock Hop with shimmer.
Continue reading →
I think I’m actually going to be late to school because I’m posting this, LOL! I have about… eight minutes to shower and get ready before I need to be out the door. Seriously, do you ever just get caught up doing internet-related things, whether it be browsing or writing someone an email? I always fall prey to it! Ask my boyfriend – he has to drag me away from Temptalia sometimes or else nothing in my life would get done! (Honestly, it’s not quite THAT bad!) Anyway, I did this look on Saturday, figuring I’d give Soft Ochre paint pot a shot (despite the huge paint pot following, I am not among it), and I rather liked how it ended up coming together. Happy hump day – hope you all are having a fab week! I hate Wednesdays, mostly because it’s my longest day of school (9am-4pm), and STARBUCKS! is the only thing that can get me through these kinds of days. *edited to add* Totally wasn’t late to school. In fact, five minutes early!
I used Soft Ochre paint pot on lid, Nanogold eyeshadow on inner lid, Goldmine eyeshadow on middle of lid, Velvet Moss eyeshadow on outer lid, Femme Noir eyeshadow on outer crease, Nanogold eyeshadow above crease, Ricepaper eyeshadow on brow, and Feline kohl power on lower lash line. I wore Margin blush with Light Flush mineralize skinfinish to highlight on my cheeks. I had Tiger Tiger lipstick with Vital Spark lipglass and Tres Cher lipglass on my lips.
Continue reading →