Dazzleglass: Boys Go Crazy, Fabulous Fun, Glamour OD, Hi-Falutin’, Spanking Rich, Utterly Posh, You Got the Look
MAC Digi-Pops: Dazzleglass
Oh, Dazzleglass — why must you be so pricey for such a teeny, tiny amount? It’s really such a shame, given your packaging–all long and round and large in the right places! Dazzleglass is a slightly tacky, thicker lip gloss with a high dosage of glitter with sheer to semi-sheer color. Nordstrom will see seven shades as part of Digi-Pops, but for whatever reason, they’re not available for pre-order online (but I know stores were doing pre-orders for them).
Glamour OD, Spanking Rich, and Utterly Posh are repromotes, but the other four shades are new.
Dazzleglass ($18.50 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- Boys Go Crazy is a darkened plum-berry purple with iridescent purple and blue-violet glitter. It’s a little vampy but the sheerness keeps it from being a total, in-your-face kind of shade.
- Fabulous Fun is a semi-sheer, brightened fuchsia-pink with fuchsia-purple glitter. It gave my lips noticeable color, but it’s still on the sheerer side.
- Glamour OD is a brightened red with a touch of silver and pink glitter. This is a repromote.
- Hi-Falutin’ is a sheer, softened peach-coral with gold glitter. It looks more like a milky peach with subtle gold glitter on lips.
- Spanking Rich is a semi-sheer, softened pink mauve with fuchsia glitter. This is a repromote.
- Utterly Posh is a semi-sheer darkened orange with a little brown and orange-gold glitter. This is a repromote.
- You Got the Look is a brightened tangerine orange with almost teal glitter. It has a rather milky base, and it needs to be applied with some precision to keep it from gathering when you press your lips together.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 6/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: I’m always going to get frustrated with the itty bitty amount of product you get in each dazzleglass, despite the the lip gloss being rather pretty.
AVAILABILITY: Nordstrom (on the 15th/16th)
Dazzle Lipstick: Baby’s On Fire, Glaringly Hip, Hellraiser, Hot Sass, Infused with Glam
Preview: MAC Dazzle Lipstick & Dazzleglass from Digi-Pop
MAC Digi-Pops: Lip Server Collection is available for pre-order at your local Nordstrom. It doesn’t launch until July 15th, but pre-orders are in full swing. There are thirteen shades of new (and of course, limited edition!) Dazzle Lipsticks and seven shades (some new, some repromoted, but all limited edition) Dazzleglasses.
I didn’t test any of these my lips, so I really can’t comment on the wear or feel on the lips. (Sorry all, I couldn’t bring myself to use a tester — the germaphobe in me refused to participate!) The Dazzle Lipsticks did not feel gritty or rough when I swatched them–surprisingly smooth. They look like they varied from sheer to semi-sheer in color, but it’s difficult to know for sure just how sheer or opaque they may lean without swatching them on lips. (Which I fully intend to do, when I’m able to pick up my pre-order!)
Dazzle Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Baby’s On Fire is a sheer darkened ruby red with silver sparkle.
- Glaringly Hip is a muted peach with brown undertones and pink and white glitter.
- Hellraiser is a sheer, darkened mauve-plum with bluish-silver glitter.
- Hot Sass is a semi-sheer, muted orange with reddish-copper glitter.
- Infused with Glam is a warmed-up brown with red undertones and reddish glitter.
- Liquid Lurex is a sheer yellow gray-gold with silver glitter.
- Naughty You is a brightened medium pink with fuchsia glitter.
- Smash Hit is a sheer beige-gold with darkened gold glitter.
- Snazzy is a semi-sheer red plum with fuchsia-purple glitter.
- Sweet Bits is a grayish lilac with multi-color glitter (predominantly light fuchsia). It’s kind of like Vex eyeshadow in lipstick form.
- Troublemaker is a darkened red-pink with fuchsia glitter. It’s a darker, more opaque version of Naughty You.
- Wham is a red-brown with gold and copper glitter.
- Win-Win is a light baby pink with blue undertones and gold glitter.
Dazzleglass ($18.50 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- Boys Go Crazy is a darkened plum-berry purple with iridescent purple and blue-violet glitter.
- Fabulous Fun is a brightened fuchsia-pink with fuchsia-purple glitter.
- Glamour OD is a brightened red with a touch of coral and pink glitter. This is a repromote.
- Hi-Falutin’ is a softened peach-coral with gold glitter.
- Spanking Rich is a softened pink mauve with fuchsia glitter. This is a repromote.
- Utterly Posh is a darkened orange with a little brown and orange-gold glitter. This is a repromote.
- You Got the Look is a brightened tangerine orange with almost teal glitter.