MAC Fabulous Felines – Burmese Beauty
MAC Fabulous Felines: Burmese Beauty Review, Photos, Swatches (Eyes)
I’m going to break each section into two parts — eyes and lips/cheeks. There are a lot of products, and I definitely want to focus on each part of the collection, it’s hard to digest so much in just one post. I’m working as fast as I can to get all the photos and swatches up, and I’ll fill in with more dupes as I find them. I am missing a few pieces, and I will update the post and review once I’m able to purchase them.
Burmese Beauty Eyeshadow Quad ($36.00 U.S. / $43.00 CDN)
- Prized is a soft nude beige with pale white micro-shimmer with a satin finish. It reminded me of a much more pigmented Shroom. This will work well as a highlighter on light to medium skin tones, but it may be more of a light lid color for darker skin tones.
- Skintone 2 is a slightly neutralized gold with a frost finish. It’s not a cool-toned gold, but it doesn’t have really strong yellow undertones either. This is a shade of gold that can be worn by both warm and cool skin tones. It’s a lot less yellow compared to Goldmine (and not as frosty). Maybe like Flip from Spring Colour Forecast. This is a repromote from Makeup Art Cosmetics.
- Burmese Beauty is a duochrome of teal and red-based deep brown with a lustre finish. It doesn’t actually feel like a lustre to me–it’s much smoother, not so glittery like your typical lustre. This is very much like Blue Brown pigment except less intense (the brown base isn’t as strong, nor is the metallic finish). It’s a lighter, more pigmented version of Club eyeshadow as well.
- Showstopper is a dirty, cool-toned dark matte brown. It works well when used with a brush in actual application, while it doesn’t swatch very well. This shade has been repromoted at least a half dozen times in the past five years.
Superslick Liquid Eye Liner ($17.50 U.S. / $21.00 CDN)
- Desires & Devices is an antique gold with a dirty olive base and a mixture of green and gold shimmer.
- Defiantly Feline is a medium-dark brown with deep gold and amber shimmer. It looks rather medium brown when used lightly and thinly.
- Treat Me Nice is a medium grassy green with gold and green sparkle.
Pigment ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Antique Green is a darkened cool-toned green with a touch of teal. It’s definitely green, but it’s not your typical green, which tends to have stronger yellow undertones. This is a repromote.
- Gold Stroke is a reddish medium bronze brown with a frosty finish. It’s pretty, and it has some warmth to it, but it’s not overly warm. It makes a nice base for golds. This is a repromote.