MAC To the Beach Collection — Official Information & Photos
There is fun in the sun, to be sure, but to the beach is more of a sensual state of mind – a pleasure we all feel near the sea. The girl and boy from Ipanema, from Cap d’Antibes to West Palm Beach… all around the world, the seaside has a romance, and a kind of golden, sexy alchemy we’re all drawn to. This collection encapsulates it, with a new, lapping-wave lip pencil and high-light powder in coral shades, nail lacquer – a scorcher! – eye shadow, kohl, and powder blush to get away from it all effortlessly. Sand-dabs, seashells, the magic of marine life decorating packaging in the most soothing, sultry shades of summertime. Close your eyes, and go to the beach!
What’s on your wish list? What are you most excited for?
MAC to the Beach Sneak Peek! I mean… Faux Peek!
I might not be able to give you a true-and-blue sneak peek, but here’s a faux peek instead. MAC’s To the Beach Collection includes several repromoted/permanent shades, and since I do own a few of those, here are photos and swatches of those products. Just to be clear, none of the products shown are in the limited edition packaging of the actual collection. I don’t own Golden Bronzer or Rosemary & Thyme Eyeliner, but both of these are also permanent shades.
Please know that if I haven’t posted swatches or photos, it’s because I don’t have the products–sometimes I get press samples early, but many times I purchase the products myself when they’re available for sale. Trust me, I wouldn’t hold back from you!
- Hipness Blush is a soft pink with a hint of coral with a smooth finish–very satiny, not shimmery. It was originally released with the Fafi and MAC collaboration.
- Refined Golden Bronzer is a dirty brown with a very fine golden shimmer strewn through the powder that’s barely noticeable when used. I don’t find it turns orange-y at all, so I like it for a bronzing option. It’s dark enough to work on light to medium dark complexions, but it’s not so dark that it will look drastic on lighter skin tones. This is a permanent product, but I have it because it was released with Style Warriors. (Which also released Solar Riche as the second bronzer in that collection, whereas To the Beach features Golden, also a permanent bronzing shade.)
- Shimmermoss Eyeshadow is a darkened aqua-teal with a frosty sheen. It’s part of MAC’s permanent line, and it’s definitely one of my favorite eyeshadows, too. It’s a shade I think everyone who loves colors and MAC should own. If you depot your products or don’t care about the special packaging, you can snag it in pan form and save a few bucks.
- Humid Eyeshadow is a darkened green with a yellow undertone and slight golden sheen. Like Shimmermoss, it’s a permanent shade, but it’s a classic shade, too. It’s soft, smooth, and has great color pay off. Humid is a must for green fiend like myself!
- Thrills Lipstick is a stunning combination of red-rose and amber-bronze shimmer/frost. It’s a shade you just don’t see often. The only shade that comes close is nearly three times the price–La Prairie’s Rose Bronze (but that’s much pinker, rosier; same effect, but the base color is stronger). This originally launched with Rushmetal, way back in 2007. I don’t even have to see anything else from To the Beach to tell you this is a must-have from it, though. It’s AMAZING!
- Pink Rebel Lustre Drops is a slightly pink-toned peach highlighter. Lustre Drops are, essentially, liquid highlighters. You can use them on your cheeks, brows, decolletage… whatever. You can mix it in with your foundation or moisturizer for an all-over sheen. Naturally, this one suits those with pinker undertones, but it can easily work with warmer complexions as well. Lustre Drops debuted in Style Warriors last year.
- Sun Rush Lustre Drops is a golden peach highlighter. This one is definitely more suitable for those with warmer undertones, but if used sheerly (which is really the best way to use these anyway), it’s not so warm that it would turn orange on cooler undertones.
Availability: May 27th, 2010 in-store, May 24th or 25th for online; Unveiling parties on May 18th at select locations
Let’s get a list going of unveilings happening around the country on May 18th… Comment if you know of any stores that are
- MAC @ El Segundo, El Segundo, CA
- MAC @ Hillsdale Mall, San Mateo, CA
- MAC @ Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA
- MAC @ Bridgeport Village, Portland, OR
- MAC @ Uptown, Albuquerque, NM
- MAC @ The Parks, Arlington, TX
- MAC @ The Domain, Austin, TX
- MAC @ Nordstrom Stone Briar Mall, Dallas, TX (5/22)
- MAC @ Hennepin, Minneapolis, MN
- MAC @ King of Prussia, PA
- MAC @ Natick, Natick, MA
- MAC @ Smithaven Mall, Lake Grove, NY
- MAC @ Montague, Brooklyn, NY
- MAC @ 125th Street, Harlem, NY
- MAC @ Columbus, NYC, NY
- MAC @ Gardens, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- MAC @ Kingsway, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- MAC @ Robson, Vancouver, Canada
- MAC @ Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
CHECK OUT SWATCHES, PHOTOS, & IN-DEPTH REVIEWS HERE!!
MAC To the Beach Collection for Summer 2010
U.S. Launch Date: May 27th, 2010
International Launch Date: May 2010 (Asia: June 2010)
There is fun in the sun, to be sure, but to the beach is more of a sensual state of mind – a pleasure we all feel near the sea. The girl and boy from Ipanema, from Cap D’Antibes to West Palm Beach…All around the world, the seaside has a romance, and a kind of golden, sexy alchemy we’re all drawn to. This collection encapsulates it, with a new, lapping-wave Lip-Pencil and High-Light Powder in coral shades, Nail Lacquer – A Scorcher! – Eye Shadow, Kohl, and Powder Blush to get away from it all effortlessly. Sandbags, seashells, the magic of marine life decorating packaging in the most soothing sultry shades of summertime. Close your eyes, and go To The Beach!
The face must be protected at all times! But we have ways to bronze and beautify…fake it, but get colour that looks sun-kissed! A safe way to evoke the golden glow of a glorious walk on the beach, the magical moodiness of sunsets all over the world, colours shifting from glowing gold to glorious bronze to sundown brown. The Chic Glamour of faraway places, a ticket to paradise inspired by the dream of a life lived sur la mer. Bronzing Powder, Cream Bronzer, Lustre Drops, Bronze Body Oil, and our stylish City-To-Seaside to the beach bags…wherever you are, see you at the beach!
Update: Added more product photos. (4/22/10)
Upcoming MAC Collections: Summer 2010
Don’t let MAC overwhelm you! Here’s what you can expect over the next few months from MAC. It seems like a lot, but I swear it feels much lighter than last year.
In April, MAC will launch Prep for Colour and Pret-a-Papier as well as repromote Mineralize Eye Shadows. Prep for Colour is a collection centered around prepping and priming products with three new eyeshadows and lipglass in terms of colour. Pret-a-Papier is a full color collection featuring a few repromotes in the launch, but there is one new paint pot (Coral Crepe), as well as a theme of neutrals, corals, and peaches within the collection. This is the bigger launch for April.
In May, we’ll see the release of Superglass, Chromagraphic Pencils, Nudes, Opulash, and To the Beach. However, keep in mind that Chromagraphic Pencils and Nudes are only releasing at PRO stores, which means you cannot find these products at counters or freestanding stores. From my understanding, these PRO only products are permanent, though! Superglass is a medium coverage, ultra glittery gloss–think Dazzleglass but on steroids. Opulash is short and sweet featuring a new mascara only available in one shade (black), and if you’re near a Nordstrom, you can grab it on April 22nd. To the Beach is the biggest launch of May, and I’d go as far as to say it’s the biggest launch of summer, with aqua-green packaging. It’s a full color collection, and I know a few of you have been saving up for this already!
In June, MAC leaves us feeling pretty empty or else they’re being kind and giving you some time to recover. Right now, June only shows a roll out of pigments to counters and additional shades to freestanding stores. Counters do not normally carry pigments, but they will in June. There are also some previously PRO-only shades that will be available at both counters/freestanding locations. Keep in mind that some of them may not be eye-safe, so ask before you purchase…
In July, there’s really only three collections to fret over: In the Groove, Alice + Olivia, and Digi-Pops/Look in a Box aka Nordstrom’s Anniversary Collection. In the Groove is a full color collection, so there is plenty to choose from here so budget accordingly! Alice + Olivia is a short and sweet collection with only nine products (but no repromotes!)–three new dazzleglass cremes, three new pigments (!), and three new nail lacquers. Digi-Pops has three parts, but they’re all part of Nordstrom’s Anniversary Collection, along with Look in a Box. Those with freestanding stores will find iPalette pretty dull, as it is merely a selection of permanent pan eyeshadows for customers to build their own palettes.
I know it seems heavy, but these are really the main collections: Pret-a-Papier (April 22nd), To the Beach (May 27th), In the Groove (July 8th), and Alice + Olivia (July 8th). Digi-Pops will roll out new Dazzle lipsticks (supposedly to be released later on to freestanding stores, but I have no confirmation yet), while the rest of Digi-Pops is standard anniversary fare or primarily repromotes/permanent shades, so it’s not as big as you think. (Oh, and skip the brush sets… buy one or two full-size MAC brushes instead of a set.)
What collection(s) are you looking forward to the most?