MAC Fabulous Felines: Burmese Beauty Look
Happy Friday!! Here’s a quick look I whipped up using the Burmese Beauty quad as the jumping off point… My apologies — I forgot to take a close-up of the lips for this look!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Skintone 2 Eyeshadow (muted gold), MAC Burmese Beauty Eyeshadow (red-toned brown with teal), MAC Showstopper Eyeshadow (matte dark brown), MAC Prized Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Bobbi Brown Black Plum Kohl Eyeliner (plum), Hourglass Film Noir Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Korres #15 Natural Blush (brown with pink)
- Lips: MAC To Pamper Lipstick (taupe nude), MAC Spree Lipglass (champagne coral)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Skintone 2 = Patina + Goldmine; Burmese Beauty = Club/Blue Brown; Showstopper = Brun; Prized = Shroom; To Pamper = Brew; Spree = Lychee Luxe
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Skintone 2 eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease. Lightly blend Burmese Beauty eyeshadow on the middle and outer portion of the lid with the 239. Next, apply Showstopper eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Lightly tap Skintone 2 eyeshadow above the crease. Blend Prized eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Black Plum kohl eyeliner on the lower lash line and lightly tapping Skintone 2 eyeshadow below. Finish by sweeping lashes with Film Noir mascara.
For cheeks, apply #15 blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply To Pamper lipstick first, and then layer Spree lipglass for a complementing lip.
Lipglass: Spree, Fancy Cat
MAC Fabulous Felines: Burmese Beauty Review, Photos, Swatches (Lips & Cheek)
Be sure to check out part one if you’re looking for the eyeshadow quad, eyeliners, and pigments that go along with this part of the collection.
Lipglass ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Fancy Cat is a darkened brown with a slight plum edge and multi-colored shimmer, though predominantly yellowed gold. It has a semi-opaque look on lips; may look splotchy when worn alone. It’s a little similar to Chai lipglass, but I’d say the shimmer is what differentiates the two.
- Spree is a darkened champagne-coral with lots of frosty shimmer. It’s nearly opaque on lips.
- Jealous is a sheer green-tinged base with white, green-gold, and pale gold shimmer. Better for layering than worn alone, since it tends to just look like clear gloss with shimmer by itself. It’s much cooler and paler than Springbean lustreglass.
Lipstick ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Kittenish is a darkened red with subtle ruby shimmer with a cremesheen finish. It’s opaque, and it’s rather slippery and glaze-like for a cremesheen. If you typically find cremesheens drying and often skip the formula, you may want to give Kittenish the once-over. It feels like a lighter version of Media (permanent).
- Liquid Lurex is a multi-colored, slightly yellowed gray glittered dazzle finish lipstick–was also recently released with Digi-Pops. This is a shade better layered than worn alone.
- Pet Me Please is a pale mauve with a high frost finish. If you are not a fan of shimmery or frosty lips, definitely skip this one. It is one of the frostier lipsticks I’ve seen released lately. It is opaque, though. It’s a bit similar to Pervette, but it’s a lot frostier, more opaque, and pinker.
- To Pamper is a semi-opaque taupe nude with a lustre finish. For a lustre, it’s surprisingly pigmented, but it has that glossy, slightly sheered out look, too. This is very nude, and on me, not so flattering as it blends in with my skin tone. It reminded me of Call My Bluff (In the Groove) as well as Shitaki (permanent).
Mineralize Blush ($21.00 U.S. / $25.00 CDN)
- The Soft Meow is a muted medium tan brown. It’s not warm, it’s not cool–it’s very neutral. It’s more of a bronzing shade than a contouring color. Personally, it seemed a little dirty on my skin tone, though–perhaps because it lacks warmth, so on my warmer skin tone, it doesn’t look so hot.