Here’s a wintry wonderland kind of look! There’s not much to it, and I tried to stick with mostly permanent eyeshadow shades as well. I felt like I hadn’t done a blue-ish look in awhile, so I figured I should knock one out!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Electra eyeshadow (silver), Moon’s Reflection (cool-toned blue), Freshwater eyeshadow (medium blue), Deep Truth (dark blue), Prussian eyeshadow (matte navy blue), Femme-fi eyeshadow (highlighter) Urban Decay Binge 24/7 Liner (dark blue), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
- Cheeks: Enough Said blush (bronzy), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronzy highlighter)
- Lips: Prive lipstick (baby pink), The Lap of Luxury lipgloss (nude)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Femme-fi = Shroom; Prive = Angel; The Lap of Luxury = Prrr
Directions: Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack Electra eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Moon’s Reflect eyeshadow to the inner and outer portions of the lid. Darken lower crease and outer lid with Freshwater eyeshadow using the 226, then add Deep Truth eyeshadow to the crease and then deepen with Prussian eyeshadow with the 219. Sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Binge Liner on lower lash line, and then apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Enough Said blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Prive lipstick to lips, and then top with The Lap of Luxury lipgloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
MAC Baroque Boudoir Lipgloss: The Lap of Luxury, Preciousness, D’Nouveau
MAC Baroque Boudoir Collection: Lipglosses
Every year, MAC presents us with a very limited edition, small-sized collection that’s decked out in more luxe packaging accompanied by equally more luxe prices. This year’s collection is Baroque Boudoir, which is in clear packaging with filigree in semi-opaque white overlayed (but to be sure, they’re not stickers). This year’s collection contains a whopping nine items to covet: three lipsticks, three lipglosses, two shades of Sheer Mystery Powder, and a clutch.
The lipglosses are creamy, hydrating, and they’re non-sticky. They do feel a lot like MAC’s Cremesheen Glass, to be honest. They’re about as sheer, too! The glosses themselves are quality and feel very nice on the lips, but my big issue with these is that they’re just out of sync with MAC pricing (which is part of the point of their luxe collection, I’m sure).
They’re not any better or worse than MAC’s Lustreglass (these are completely non-sticky, Lustreglass is mostly non-sticky), which is priced at $14. I will also point out that this year’s shade range is less unique than years’ past, which is a little disappointing. Pretty colors, but you can find decent dupes or similar shades in the permanent range.
P.S. – I will do lip swatches this afternoon!
Baroque Boudoir Lipgloss ($22.00 U.S. / $26.00 CDN)
- The Lap of Luxury is a sheer, peachy-melon nude with pink shimmer. On my lips, there’s really not much too it: glossy lips with a little bit of peach and pink shimmer. This shade reminded me of Enchantress Lipglass or Love Nectar Lustreglass.
- Preciousness is an icy pink with a little bit of lilac in it. It is fairly sheer and sort of gives my lips a milky look to them, but it doesn’t add much color, mostly pinky-purple sparkle from the shimmer. This reminded me a lot of Cultured Lipglass or a slightly more purple Luminary Lustreglass (though it’s less noticeably different when applied on lips).
- D’Nouveau is a raspberry-ish color base with lighter pink and copper flecks of shimmer throughout. It was the most pigmented of the three, but I’d still consider it fairly sheer. It brightened up and added a rosier look to my lips along with the shimmer. I was immediately reminded of Star Nova Lustreglass. This is also kind of like a more berry version of Love Alert Dazzleglass.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 6/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
Recommendation: If you’re a fan of the packaging or love non-sticky, creamy glosses like Cremesheen Glass, you might find these worth the splurge.
Availability: MAC Cosmetics
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →