MAC To the Beach Look: Clarins + Neon Orange
This is the look I ended up wearing to attend my local MAC’s To the Beach event. I had originally planned to do something bolder and brighter on the eyes, but I ran out of time, so I just went with the look I started the day with!
I’m happy to say I snagged the one item that really had me smile — the MAC To the Beach Bag ($49.95). It’s huge and cute and the perfect beach bag. It makes me want to go to the beach ASAP! Some photos of its loveliness and size comparisons included in this post! 🙂
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Benefit Stay Don’t Stray (neutral base), Clarins Instant Sun Light Eyeshadow Palette, MAC Opulash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Marine Life High Light Powder (coral-red)
- Lips: MAC Temperature Rising Lip Pencil (neon orange), MAC Easy Lounger Lipglass (sheer pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Marine Life = NARS Deep Throat; Temperature Rising = Neon Orange lipstick; Easy Lounger = Prr
For eyes, start by applying Stay Don’t Stray as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239, apply the light peach eyeshadow on the inner half of the lid. Next, apply the medium brown eyeshadow on the outer half of the lid, softly into the crease. To define the crease, apply the dark chocolate brown eyeshadow with the 226. Blend the lightest shade above the crease and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying the dark brown eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Opulash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Marine Life high light powder to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Temperature Rising lip pencil first, and then layer Easy Lounger lipglass for a complementing lip.