Today’s hair is brought to you by FHI Heat’s 1 1/4″ Curling Iron (review will come later). I really do need to practice sooo much more with a curling iron. I just get the crimped look with it! Not that I don’t like how it turned out, it’s just not what I was aiming for, LOL. I also just got several shades of YSL’s new Rouge Volupte lipsticks, and I am sooo in love. I have to go and check out some more next Thursday (since MAC has some launches coming out) for sure 🙂 I did lip swatches earlier, and I’ll probably post ’em tomorrow. Now, time to eat an early dinner and head off to my first day of MBA classes!
P.S. – A berry lip would have suited this sooo much better, and I will probably switch it/add a darker gloss on top. But I just loved the combo too much to change it right away 🙁 It’s like the perfect pink!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Blonde’s Gold pigment (light gold), Rose Blanc eyeshadow (white gold), Going Bananas eyeshadow (yellow), Goldmine eyeshadow (gold), Cranberry eyeshadow (cranberry), Sweet Chestnut eyeshadow (dark burgundy), Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner (gold), Chanel Exceptionnel mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Peachykeen blush (soft peachy pink)
- Lips: YSL Peach Passion rouge volupte (bright peachy coral), Givenchy Pop Gloss in Plum by Night (subtle raspberry)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Blonde’s Gold = Tan; Rose Blanc = Nylon; Going Bananas = Sour Lemon; Sweet Chestnut = Antiqued (for this look only);
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Blonde’s Gold pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Rose Blanc eyeshadow with the 239 brush. On the middle portion of the lid, apply Going Bananas eyeshadow with the 239. Apply Goldmine eyeshadow to the outer third of the lid using the 239. Darken the outer lid using Sweet Chestnut eyeshadow and drag into crease using the 239. Gently sweep Cranberry eyeshadow directly in the crease with the 222 brush. Sweep Rose Blanc eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner on lower lash line, and Chanel Exceptionnel mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Peachykeen blush using the 129. Apply YSL Peach Passion rouge volupte to lips, and then top with Givenchy Plum by Night pop gloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos!