MAC’s Sugarsweet Collection brought us two fun nail lacquers: Peppermint Patti and Seasonal Peach.
Peppermint Patti is a minty green cream. It’s not overly bright, but it isn’t super pale either–it’s kind of a medium in the color range. The swatch above is with two regular coats (not too thin, not too thick). I’d probably suggest going for a third medium to thick coat to really get an opaque, creamy finish.
Seasonal Peach is a creamy, pale peach with a lil’ bit of pink. This is actually a repromoted color, but it’s still one of my favorites. It’s a really wearable shade that’s perfect for spring and summer. I found two regular coats worked well with this one, but a third one wouldn’t hurt if you find it’s not truly opaque with two for you. It layers quite well, so it doesn’t look too thick with three.
See a swatch of Seasonal Peach… Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Sugarsweet Collection
Launch Date: March 19th, 2009 (North America), April 2009 (International)
Who cares if the candy man can… it’s the cupcake ingenue who’s caught the sweet spot this season. Temptation is everywhere – luscious, whipped-cream decadent, deliciously decorative frosting colours and sugared almond combinations. Like peering through the window of a Parisian patisserie, you’ll want to become one of each! Have fun with a new Red Velvet recipe Shadestick. Tricolour Lipglass is like a mille feuille of layered lip gloss colours, each gives way to the next in a triple-layered pearl-swirl of prettiness; add extra yum to Eye Shadow; Perfect Topping Mineralize Skinfinish is the ultimate cake walk. We could eat you up.
- Sweet Thing Mid-tone magenta with multi dimensional pearl (Lustre)
- Bubbles Sheer frosty white beige (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Touch Peachy cinnamon (Lustre) (Permanent)
- Lollipop Loving Mid-tone coral with subtle green and gold iridescence (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Saint Germain Pastel pink (Amplified Creme) (Repromote, Perm international)
Tricolour Lipglass ($17.50)
- Tasty Top Sheer blue pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone blue pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Dark creamy red pink
- Just Dessert Top Sheer yellow pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone yellow pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone creamy yellow pink
- Simpy Delicious Top Sheer peach with reflects, Middle Pale coral with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy mid-tone coral
- Triple-Yum Top Sheer gold with gold reflects, Middle True gold with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone bronze
- Consume Me Top Sheer white with reflects, Middle Pale mint with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy light peach with pearlized pigments
- Sugarshot Pale frosty beige (Lustre)
- Dear Cupcake Mid-tone pink coral with gold pearlized pigments (Satin)
- Aquavert Soft mint with white pearlized pigments (Veluxe Pearl) (Repromote)
- Stars n Rockets Lavender with red/pink reflects (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent)
- Club Muted reddish brown duochrome with green opalescent shimmer (Satin) (Permanent)
- Cakeshop Frosted light neutral beige
- Butternutty Frosted pale white gold
- Lemon Chiffon Frosted pewter
- Red Velvet Frosted mid-tone pink
- Penny Light pinky copper (Repromote)
Mineralize Skinfinish ($27.00)
- Perfect Topping Pink/peach/lavender melange
- Refined Tan/peach/coral melange
Nail Lacquer ($11.00)
- Peppermint Patti Creamy mint green (Cream)
- Seasonal Peach Creamy pale peachy pink (Cream)
See product photos… Continue reading →
Saint Germain Lipstick
You know I had to do lip swatches, too
Saint Germain lipstick came out in Euristocrats, which wasn’t a collection available stateside, so it is a treat to have it come out in a regularly available launch. It’s a pretty cool-toned lipstick; maybe a little pinker than Melrose Mood from Heatherette–the two are comparable if I’m remembering correctly.
Consume Me is a little blah, considering it’s incredibly sheer. It gives lips a glossy finish with a little bit of shimmer. For those curious about the packaging, it is very much (if not exactly like) Couture/Stylistics lipglass packaging. Even the applicator feels the same; which is a skinny doe-foot applicator that doesn’t pick up a whole lotta product. I’d say the formula of this gloss isn’t much like lipglass, because it isn’t thick at all (which may be the result of the applicator…). It also didn’t feel very sticky to me. I did try to mess up the color layers, and I didn’t succeed. You can see the color punch into the next one when you put the wand back, but the color does return to its normal layer pretty quickly. (It was kind of fun trying!)
See a lip swatch of Consume Me…
Continue reading →
Temptalia was lucky enough to be able to preview some items from upcoming MAC collection Sugarsweet! Pictures and swatches for Refined mineralize skinfinish, Sugarshot and Dear Cupcake eyeshadows, Consume Me tricolour lipglass, and Saint Germain lipstick await you… Continue reading →
Here is the full set of MAC Sugarsweet Collection product photos Thanks Bjooti.net!
See more… Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics | Sugarsweet
Just some product photos from upcoming spring collection Sugarsweet! You can read about the full color collection details here!
See more promo/product photos… Continue reading →