MAC Cosmetics Style Warrior Collection
Emerging from every corner of the glamorous globe, a new Style Warrior. Made to celebrate the cross-cultural sophistication of the modern Amazon Princess, African Queen, Crouching Tigress…
Never before have we seen the “Wild Things” of the world come together in quite so many bold new combinations. Introducing a dramatically different and deliberately diverse colour story, an eclectic and expressive way to exalt and admire the strength and solidarity of beauty with no barriers. A selection of all-over summer bronzing shades for Lips, Cheeks, Eyes, Nails, featuring the innovation of Impassioned, Bronzescape and Scatterrays Solar Bits – sunbursts to unleash the animal in every woman. All exotically packaged in stylized zebra and leopard prints to keep it wild and free – the way it always ought to be.
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Sunsational Sheer frosted beige gold
- Brave New Bronze Creamy mid-tone pink nude
- Purple Rite Mid-tone frosty orchid
- Tribalist Creamy blackened berry
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Liberated Sheer yellow gold with pearl
- Gold Rebel Sheer copper bronze with pearl
- Fierce & Fabulous Bright magenta purple with pearl
- Style Warrior Blackened bronze brown with pearl
Eyeshadow ($14.50 U.S. / $17.00 CDN)
- Soft Force Frosty pale white gold
- Bright Future Frosty bright yellow gold
- Tempting Sinfully rich coco
- Vibrant Grape Bright magenta purple
- Night Manoeuvres Deep charcoal brown with pearl
Eye Kohl ($14.50 U.S. / $17.00 CDN)
Pro Lash Mascara ($12.00 U.S. / $14.00 CDN)
- Coal Black Honest-to-goodness black
Beauty Powder Blush ($18.00 U.S. / $22.00 CDN)
- Eversun Neutral peach bronze with gold pearl
- On A Mission Pearly mid-tone plum
Solar Bits ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Scatterrays Soft metallic peach with gold pearl
- Bronzescape Clean yellow brown with gold pearl
- Impassioned Frosty cool taupe
Nail Lacquer ($11.00 U.S. / $13.00 CDN)
- Peaceable Pearly pale golden beige
- Violet Fire Bright creamy magenta purple
- Mercenary Frosted blackened bronze
Brush ($23.00 U.S. / $27.50 CDN)
- 242 Firm Fibre Brush with rounded edge for smooth, even application of powder, emollient and concealer products
Available: May 20th, 2009 in North America. June 2009 internationally. (Yes, the release date has been changed–officially!)
See high res images! Continue reading →
Just a heads up, but MAC Style Warrior is now available on maccosmetics.com You’ll have to hunt around a bit, going through the various sections to locate the products (e.g. “Eyes” and “Eyeshadow” to see the Style Warrior Eyeshadows). Here are some links to products: Eyeshadows, Lipstick, Lipglass, Blush, Lustre Drops, Bronzing Powder, Solar Bits, Nail Lacquer.
For Your Reference
What are you getting? What are you passing up? What’s appealing/skippable?
Brave New Bronze Lipstick + Liberated Lipglass
Here are four lip combos using MAC Style Warrior products! These are the lipsticks paired with the lipglass that naturally coordinated the most. There are a whole slew of combinations you can do with all of these colors, but here are four to get you started.
Make sure you didn’t miss any of our MAC Style Warrior coverage!
Continue reading →
Purple Rite Lipstick
MAC Style Warrior Lip Swatches!
Here’s a little run down about how they apply/opacity on the shades first…
- Purple Rite is semi-sheer, provides decent color to lips. Frosty finish.
- Sunsational is a sheer, shimmery peachy-gold. It’s not designed to give you a lot of color.
- Tribalist is a creamy, opaque color. Very deep and better to apply via a lip brush (I did not, as I do these as fast as humanly possible).
- Brave New Bronze is a creamy, opaque color. Will probably lean peach or pink, depending on your skin tones, but it is more peach than pink.
- Liberated is sheer, gold shimmer.
- Fierce & Fabulous is semi-sheer, providing lips with noticeable color.
- Gold Rebel is sheer, peachy-gold shimmer. Like Liberated, but more peach/orange.
- Style Warrior is a semi-sheer, providing lips with noticeable color/darkening. Try it over Tribalist or any red lipstick to see a cool effect. Really — it’s more wearable than you think.
Now, onto the lip swatches! Continue reading →
Lipsticks: Brave New Bronze, Purple Rite, Sunsational, Tribalist
MAC Style Warrior Product Photos!
As promised, here are product photos of all of the products from Style Warrior. I’ll post lip swatches sometime tomorrow, just to give you all a heads up!
Continue reading →
OVERALL, MAC Style Warrior is a good mix of color, neutrals, and perfect-for-summer products. It’s no Neo Sci Fi for me, but I found plenty of new favorites and items I didn’t think I’d love. I think what I liked most about this collection is the majority of products were well-pigmented and color pay off was a dream on many items. I know some were concerned about the collection being too warm and not working on cooler skin tones, but I definitely didn’t get that impression. There are certain items that are more about bronzy, sun-glowing skin, but a lot of them are designed to help you fake-it. The lipsticks were surprisingly pigmented, and the lipglasses coordinated well in a way that wasn’t completely redundant. In the end, I do think Style Warrior is worth a peek or two next time you’re at your local MAC! (As far as the official launch date goes, I have heard May 20th, 21st, and 28th — I’d recommend calling your local store to find out.)
Must-Haves: Brave New Bronze, Gold Rebel, Bright Future, Vibrant Grape, On A Mission, Mercenary
Nice-to-Haves: Purple Rite, Sunsational, Liberated, Tempting, Night Maneuvers, Eversun, Impassioned, Sun Rush
Skip: Scatterrays, Soft Force, Peaceable
See detailed, product-by-product reviews… Continue reading →