I mentioned last look that the next one would definitely have some color, and I’d say this one certainly does!
I thought I’d show a really cool, pale pink kind of lip with this look (I’m a bit warm-toned for it, IMO, but my boyfriend adores the color — go figure), but also how a brighter pink lip can also work (even though it is heavier). That’s what’s so fun about makeup: you can experiment and if you don’t like it, you can change it, remove it, or play around with it.
If I had planned to wear this look out, I likely would have gone for something in-between — maybe Sweetie lipstick and Crystal Rose lipglass. I just thought it’d be cool to show you how much lip color can play a role in the overall look–plus a fun cool-toned lip combo for my cool-toned ladies (and gents!).
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), MAC Pink Pearl Pigment (fuchsia-pink duochrome), MAC Seedy Pearl Eyeshadow (soft pinky-purple), MAC Beautiful Iris Eyeshadow (cool-toned medium purple), MAC Stars ‘n Rockets Eyeshadow (fuchsia-pink duochrome), MAC Fig. 1 Eyeshadow (eggplant), MAC Passionate Eyeshadow (matte deep pink), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Ransom 24/7 Liner (purple), MAC Penultimate Eyeliner (black), MAC Studio Fix Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: MAC Petalpoint Blush (purple-pink), Dior Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer (pink)
- Lips: MAC Saint Germain Lipstick (pink-purple), MAC Icescape Lipglass (icy pink), MAC Style Minx Lipglass (deep hot pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Femme-fi = Shroom; Petalpoint = Well-Dressed + Plum Foolery; Saint Germain = Snob; Icescape = Luminary
Directions: Start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the lid and brow area with the 249. Put one drop of MAC Water-Based Mixing Medium onto a brush like the 239, and then apply Pink Pearl pigment on the lid itself as a colored base. Using the 239, apply Seedy Pearl eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Beautiful Iris eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Stars n’ Rockets eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying Fig. 1 eyeshadow with the 226. Add more depth to crease by gently tapping Passionate eyeshadow into the lower crease, just below Fig. 1. Lightly tap and brush Beautiful Iris eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Urban Decay Ransom Liner on the lower lash line, blended with Beautiful Iris eyeshadow applied with the 219. Apply Penultimate eyeliner on the upper lash line, and then sweeping lashes with Studio Fix mascara.
For cheeks, apply Petalpoint blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116 and highlight cheekbones with Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 165.
For lips, apply Saint Germain lipstick first, then layer over Icescape lipglass for a pale lip. For more color, try Style Minx lipglass on top.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →