MAC Shadesticks in Butternutty, Cakeshop, Heirloom, Street Cool
MAC Me Over: Shadesticks
MAC Shadesticks ($17.50 for 0.05 oz.) may have been discontinued from the permanent range, but occasionally, MAC brings them back for a limited edition stint. MAC Me Over includes five shades: Butternutty (frosted light neutral), Cakeshop (frosted pewter), Heirloom (light icy pink), Street Cool (mid-tone grey violet taupe), and Tundra (icy silver).
Shadesticks are twist-up eyeshadows that can be worn alone or as a base. They are more like a cream eyeshadow than a powder, but the formula does set quickly and dry down so it wears well on its own without creasing (in my experience). The texture is creamy enough to deliver decent color payoff on the lid, but it is on the drier side, so you may feel some tugging and drag. After using a multitude of products over the years, Shadesticks are not a product I’d reach for regularly, just because they’re not as comfortable to use. I’d recommend applying with fingers or a brush, rather than straight from the tube.
- Butternutty is a warm beige with a hint of peach. It has a frosted finish. The color is a bit like MAC Brule but frostier and a tad lighter.
- Cakeshop is a dirty green-gray with a frosted, metallic finish. I don’t find that this goes on as evenly as you’d like a cream shadow to go out–there is a little grittiness from the size of the shimmer particles in it. It reminded me–ever-so-slightly–of theBalm Run Around Rebecca, which is greener.
- Heirloom is a soft, grayish pink with a frosted finish. It a gray-toned version of Giorgio Armani #8. It’s darker and grayer than MAC Et Tu, Boutquet?.
- Street Cool is a purple-tinged taupe brown with a soft, frosted finish. It has the least frosted finish of the shadesticks. It is very similar to Inglot #402 and NARS Grand Palais. It is a lighter version of MAC Satin Taupe.
- Tundra is a bright silver with a metallic finish. It is similar to Inglot #448.
MAC Me Over is a 51-piece collection for fall, which will launch in North America on August 25th, 2011 and internationally in September 2011. It will launch online approximately August 23rd but there is no concrete online launch date. All products–unless otherwise noted–are limited edition.
|The drier formula keeps this from being a standout product, because the dryness results in drag and tugging on the lid, and the color does not deposit evenly or opaquely as a result.|
|Login or Register to be able to add this to your Vanity or Wishlist! Plus rate and review!|