MAC Lipglasses: Hush, Hush Rose, Electric Fuchsia, Cultureclash
MAC Spring Colour Forecast: Lipglasses Reviews, Photos, Swatches (Part 1)
Each part has a few lipglasses; the first two parts have three each, while the last two parts have two each. This gives us a grand total of ten freakin’ lipglasses to take a look at, whew! This part includes the lipglasses from parts one and two, and the second part will contain lipglasses from parts three and four. (I split posts to help ensure that our server can sustain the load of people downloading images–and preferably, not 50 images at once!) My favorites: Hush, Hush Rose, Electric Fuchsia, and Kumquat. What are your favorites?
Spring Colour 1 Forecast — Lipglasses
- Hush, Hush Rose is a semi-sheer strawberry pink with golden shimmer. I imagine this looking a bit raspberry on those with more red pigmentation in their lip color.
- Electric Fuchsia is a bright magenta fuchsia with violet shimmer. This is purpler than Magnetique and not as creamy–a little sheerer, more shimmery.
- Cultureclash is a sheer baby pink with yellow undertones. It looks more medium-pink when swatched, but when applied, I found it rather milky pink with silver sparkle.
Spring Colour 2 Forecast — Lipglasses
- Kumquat is a tangerine orange gloss with lighter orange shimmer. When applied, I see a good dose of shimmer and glossiness, with some of the tangerine color coming through.
- Cha Cha is a medium pink with lighter pink and almost fuchsia shimmer in it. It applies semi-opaque to my lips and gives me a pinker, shimmery pout.
- Ember Glow is an orange-y beige cream gloss with a smidgen of shimmer. On my lips, it looks creamy and gives decent color. I do find creams have a tendency to settle into lip lines and not go on as evenly as I’d like, but this one wasn’t too bad.
See product photos, swatches, AND lip swatches! Continue reading →
MAC La La Eyeshadow
MAC Spring Colour Forecast: Eyeshadows Reviews, Photos, Swatches
There are eight single eyeshadows that debut in this launch. There are four from part one and four from part two. Additionally, there are two eyeshadow quads being released in parts three and four, respectively, that will be reviewed separately. My favorites: La La, Very Violet; Hot Hot Hot, Straw Harvest. What are your favorites?
Spring Colour 1 Forecast — Eyeshadows
- Rosy Outlook is a dusty medium pink with a satin finish. I think there was a shade called Riviera Rose–this reminds me of it, only not as cool-toned, but still has that dusty pink feel.
- Very Violet is a crisp darkened violet-purple with very little sheen, not at all frosty like its frost finish would suggest. I can’t remember MAC doing a purple quite like this in recent history.
- La La is a rich magenta fuchsia with fuchsia shimmer-sheen. It reminds me of Brash & Bold Pigment from Makeup Art Cosmetics last fall, but in eyeshadow form (so more convenient and easier to work with overall). Very nicely pigmented and smooth–and surprisingly not that frosty, despite its frost finish.
- Da Bling is a slightly paled medium pink with a frosty sheen but excellent color pay off in a veluxe pearl finish. This is a permanent eyeshadow, though, so no need to rush to purchase.
Spring Colour 2 Forecast — Eyeshadows
- Nanogold is a semi-sheer pinky beige. This is probably one of the nicest lustre-finish eyeshadows I’ve ever come across. It feels nothing like a lustre! This one has come out previously, though always limited edition.
- Hot Hot Hot is an intensely pigmented orange-based red that looks mostly matte, though it has very subtle shimmer, since it is a satin finish eyeshadow. I don’t think I’ve seen MAC put out a shade like this since being a fan (about five years).
- Straw Harvest is a gorgeous shade of warmed-up peach gold with a lighter gold sheen in a veluxe pearl finish.
- Perky is a satin finish light salmon-y pink with good color pay off. Not quite like anything in the permanent line from what I can see.
Welcome to the MAC Spring Colour Forecast Hour!
Make sure you keep the official collection information bookmarked, because Spring Colour Forecast is a doozy. With four “parts,” this collection is positively enormous–though not surprising as it anniversarizes last year’s mega-popular Hello Kitty collection. It is now currently available for purchase at www.maccosmetics.com.
Just trying to determine the best way to organize this collection’s review has been a nightmare (each collection has too many photos to put into a single post to do it the most obvious way, with each part getting a post). Instead, I’ve decided to group similar products together–all the single eyeshadows together, all of the single lipglasses together, etc.
So, stay with me as I review and post swatches and photos over the next hour… or two… or ten
MAC Cosmetics Spring Forecast Collection
In February 11th, 2010, you’ll see this hit counter… Debbie confirmed it’ll be in four separate displayers, but on a single day. Which is worse, because now you can’t spread out the costs!
Edited: Added more product photos! (12/27)
Spring Colour 1 Forecast
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Bubble Gum Light lavender pink (Glaze) (Limited Edition)
- Laugh-a-lot Mauve pink (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
- Phlox Sheer light pink (Glaze) (Limited Edition)
- Pink Burst Clean bright pink with pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Cultureclash Frosty clear baby pink with multi-dimensional pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Hush, Hush Rose Mid-tone blue with pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Electric Fuchsia Bright violet with blue pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition_
Eyeshadow ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Da Bling Pink with gold pearl (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent)
- LaLa Mid-tone pink (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Rosy Outlook Frosted baby pink (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Very Violet Dark violet (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Crush Metal Pigment: Stacked 1! ($32.50 U.S. / $38.50 CDN)
Crush Metal Pigment in a shade wave of four stackable jars, specially selected for the Spring Colour Forecast collection. Provides intense colour payoff and medium coverage with highly reflective metallic sparkle. Creamy, crease-resistant. Long-wearing. Limited edition.
- Pale pink, light lilac, mid-tone rose, dark purple (Limited Edition)
Plushlash ($13.00 U.S. / $15.50 CDN)
Blush Ombre ($25.00 U.S. / $30.00 CDN)
- Azalea Blossom Light cool pink (Limited Edition)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S. / $14.50 CDN)
- Galore Pink Creamy mid-tone blue pink (Cream) (Limited Edition)
Creations: Pinkaura ($25.00 U.S. / $30.00 CDN)
- Lingeringly floral, slightly foxy. Starts off green then bursts into a flowery bouquet of freesia, black violet and magnolia petals. Sashays into a rich warm amber and balmy vetiver. (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
Check out more information, plus photos… Continue reading →