MAC Dressed to Dazzle Dazzleglass
MAC Glitter & Ice Dazzleglasses
MAC Glitter & Ice Dazzleglasses ($19.50 for 0.06 oz. each) include six limited edition shades: Dressed to Dazzle (pale dirty pink red and gold pearl), Glitter & Ice (light nude with white and gold pearl), Love Alert (raspberry red with red pearl), Pleasure Principle (clear white violet, teal, and white pearl), She-zam (sheer silver with silver and red pearl), and Spanking Rich (raspberry pink with red and gold pearl). The collection is slated to hit stores on October 27th.
- Dressed to Dazzle is a pale, pink-tinted gloss with silver sparkle. It adds a pink tinge but mostly glossy shine and some sparkle.
- Glitter & Ice is a pale, beige-tinted gloss with silver sparkle. On me, it doesn’t impart much color, but it gives shine and sparkle.
- Love Alert is a pinky-red with fuchsia sparkle. This is one of the more opaque Dazzleglasses, and it is semi-opaque on me. This is part of the permanent range.
- Pleasure Principle is a yellow-tinted gloss (which shows up virtually clear) with multi-colored sparkle (the sparkle matches the nail polish from this launch). This one has the most interesting sparkle, because it is multi-colored so it dazzles more than the others.
- She-zam is a clear color base with silver sparkle. It gives my lips a cooler-tone overall.
- Spanking Rich is a darkened raspberry red with silver and fuchsia sparkle. It is semi-sheer with less color payoff than Love Alert but more than the other four. Dior Outrageous Fuchsia is similar but seems less pink.
Dazzleglasses have a medium-thick consistency with micro-glitter and shimmer. They tend to be sheerer in color with more oomph coming from the dazzle than the base color. The big catch with Dazzleglasses is that despite the seemingly-large tube, each contains only 0.06 oz. (as compared to 0.17 oz. in a Lipglass). When it comes to dupes, just browse through the Sheer Lipgloss Swatch Gallery, because they are, inevitably, similar to each other. I think Pleasure Principle is the most complex of the six, and it will be nice for layering. Love Alert is better for those who want a punch of color, while She-zam may get you closer to foil-like lips for the holidays, so it’s a fun shade.