Pigments: Cheers My Dear, Mauvement, Silver Fog, Softwash Grey; Reflects Pearl Glitter
MAC Cool Thrillseekers Pigments/Glitter Set
Each pigment/glitter set includes four pigments and one glitter, each contains 0.09 oz. of product, according to the tin. The five glass vials are housed inside a tartan-decorated metal tin, and there is a plastic insert that keeps them standing together, but it’s removable, should you desire. I did find it curious that there were no inserts regarding uses (e.g. what’s eye/lip safe) in any of the sets, though.
This set includes: Cheers My Dear (pale violet), Mauvement (cool taupe with gold pearl), Silver Fog (platinum silver), Softwash Grey (grey with purple pearl), and Reflects Pearl (very fine particle white glitter with a pearl sheen).
- Cheers My Dear is a pinked lilac with a frosted silver sheen. This is a new and limited edition shade to the set. It’s a cross between Pink Pearl and Kitschmas pigments–it’s not as cool-toned or as purple as Kitschmas, as it’s pinker, but it’s not nearly as pink or fuchsia as Pink Pearl.
- Mauvement is a bronzy taupe with a mauve undertone and champagne sheen. This is a repromote.
- Silver Fog is a bright silver with a nearly metallic shine. This is a PRO shade.
- Softwash Grey is a cool-toned, blue-purple gray with a slight metallic sheen. This is a repromote.
- Reflects Pearl is a glimmering silver-white glitter with no real color base. This is a permanent shade. I see this working more as a layering shade than alone, because it lacks a cohesive color base so it doesn’t hold together.
I think the pigment sets are a good value, and they’re always worth a peek if you’re into loose color or pigments. You’re getting 0.45 oz. of product for $32.50, while a single, full-sized pigment contains 0.15 oz. of product and retails for $19.50–essentially, this is $60 worth of pigments/glitters.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 29/30
- Value: 10/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: If you love smoky eyes, metallic finishes, or cool tones in general, this is a worthwhile set.
AVAILABILITY: MAC Cosmetics (November 4th/11th — check your local store for availability; I’m getting mixed reports)