OMG, I was hit by a nasty, nasty bug on Sunday afternoon. I probably caught it on the plane, but who knows. All I know is that it sucks something awful, and I really wish it would go away. I feel miserable, incredibly groggy and sleepy all-freaking-day-long, and whiny! I think my boyfriend is on the verge of going insane. A sick Christine is NOT good for anybody. I did this look on Monday, but I completely dozed off, though I totally meant to post it earlier. I swear!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (creamy neutral base), Dreammaker eyeshadow (white-gold), Sharp eyeshadow (chartreuse), Cool Heat eyeshadow (blue-teal), Graphblack technakohl (black), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Suncentered Colour Forms powder (peach)
- Lips: Soft Lust lipstick (frosty champagne), Rich & Ripe lipglass (red-coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Dreammaker = Nylon; Sharp = Sour Lemon; Cool Heat = Electric Eel; Suncentered = Peachykeen; Soft Lust = High Tea; Rich & Ready = Lust
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Dreammaker eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Sharp to the middle of the lid, then overlay the outer lid with Cool Heat eyeshadow. Drag Cool Heat eyeshadow into crease using the 239. Sweep Dreammaker underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Graphblack technakohl on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Suncentered using the 129. Apply Soft Lust lipstick to lips, and then top with Rich & Ripe lipglass for color and shine.
Continue reading →
Just had some fun playing around with the mineralize duos and went for something more over the top than anything else 😉 I wanted to see how the green would play over a very green base. I also picked up two new duos and two new blushes to play with, which I’ll share with you later today or tomorrow (I have to work on my final draft of my argument to hand in tomorrow, so…!)
It’s Tuesday, and I’m feeling lazy as ever – all I want to do is play some Guitar Hero and bug Mellan. How are you guys pushing through the week?
I used True Chartreuse pigment on lid, Fresh Green Mix mineralize eyeshadow (solid side) (LE) all over lid, Shimmermoss eyeshadow on outer lid/crease, Sea & Sky mineralize eyeshadow (solid side) (LE) above crease, Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow above crease, Nylon eyeshadow to highlight brow, Graphblack technakohl on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. I had Warm Soul mineralize blush (LE) on cheeks. I wore Soft Lust lipstick (LE) with Tartlette lipglass (LE) on my lips.
** These are recommendations for dupes based on permanent colors available — may not necessarily be identical; they are the closest I can think of!
Fresh Green Mix = Bitter; Sea & Sky = Freshwater; Warm Soul = Honour; Soft Lust = Sandy B; Tartlette = Lychee Luxe
Continue reading →
Even though Mood Ring is gorgeous, and the packaging for the eyeshadow trios is sleek and up my alley, I just can’t bring myself to buy it quite yet. So I set out to dupe a look I know I’d do as soon as I got the trio instead… BTW, clean your brushes often! I went to fix part of the inner lid, and what do you know, I get some teal-black, too.
I used Soft Ochre paint pot all over lid, Shroom eyeshadow on inner lid, Aquavert eyeshadow on middle of lid, Newly Minted eyeshadow patted on middle lid, Cloudburst eyeshadow on outer lid and crease, Newly Minted eyeshadow patted on outer crease, Shimmermoss eyeshadow on outer lid, Shroom eyeshadow above crease and on brow, Black Funk/Pop Blue dual edge pencil on lower lash line, Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow on lower inner lash line, Plushblack mascara, and Brun eyeshadow for brows. I wore Springsheen blush on cheeks with Guerlain Mythic Parfait Pressed Meterorite to highlight cheeks. I had Soft Lust lipstick with Vital Spark and Tartlette lipglass on my lips.
* This look is meant to replicate one that could be made using Heatherette Trio 1. Shroom = Hoppin'; Mood Ring = Aquavert, Newly Minted, Shimmermoss (They all get muddled together in this look – Aquadisiac + Newly Minted would also work; Meadowland is a good dupe on its own); Cloudburst = Cloudburst eyeshadow (launched with Blue Storm) — can be replaced with Carbon and layer Shimmermoss (tap it) for the slight blue reflects from Cloudburst.
** The lips are meant to also duplicate Heatherette products: Soft Lust = Lollipop Lovin’ (no green reflects in this version); Vital Spark + Tartlette = Sock Hop with shimmer.
Continue reading →