MAC Fabulous Felines: Burmese Beauty Look
Happy Friday!! Here’s a quick look I whipped up using the Burmese Beauty quad as the jumping off point… My apologies — I forgot to take a close-up of the lips for this look!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Skintone 2 Eyeshadow (muted gold), MAC Burmese Beauty Eyeshadow (red-toned brown with teal), MAC Showstopper Eyeshadow (matte dark brown), MAC Prized Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Bobbi Brown Black Plum Kohl Eyeliner (plum), Hourglass Film Noir Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Korres #15 Natural Blush (brown with pink)
- Lips: MAC To Pamper Lipstick (taupe nude), MAC Spree Lipglass (champagne coral)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Skintone 2 = Patina + Goldmine; Burmese Beauty = Club/Blue Brown; Showstopper = Brun; Prized = Shroom; To Pamper = Brew; Spree = Lychee Luxe
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Skintone 2 eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease. Lightly blend Burmese Beauty eyeshadow on the middle and outer portion of the lid with the 239. Next, apply Showstopper eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Lightly tap Skintone 2 eyeshadow above the crease. Blend Prized eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Black Plum kohl eyeliner on the lower lash line and lightly tapping Skintone 2 eyeshadow below. Finish by sweeping lashes with Film Noir mascara.
For cheeks, apply #15 blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply To Pamper lipstick first, and then layer Spree lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!
Dark Neutrals: All Ages, All Races, All Sexes Look
I gotta tell you, the eyeshadows from All Ages, All Races, All Sexes are really not so flattering on me. I’m thinking it’s probably the cool edge that they all have; it’s just a little much on me when used together. I think Cross-Cultural and Showstopper can be used, but perhaps not together. I think, on me, I need something earthy and metallic-y to warm them up and make them more flattering to my skin tone. (This is what prompted me to throw in Honey as the eyeliner… probably should have done Bourbon instead!)
So Sweet, So Easy really isn’t too cool for those with warm skin tones, but it can look cooler or warmer depending on what you pair it with. If you want to try this look, I’d recommend opting for a cooler-toned liner (maybe a neutral brown) and Resort Life lipgelee instead — I think the pink in Preppy doesn’t quite suit the coolness of the eyes.
Even though it didn’t come out to my liking, at least it can show you some of the new products in action! As always, experimentation is key to finding out what you like and don’t like — and makeup always washes off! 🙂
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), MAC Universal Mix Pigment (white gold), MAC All Races Eyeshadow (cool lilac-mauve), MAC Banshee Eyeshadow (dirty pink), MAC Cross-Cultural Eyeshadow (medium-dark brown), MAC Showstopper Eyeshadow (dark black-brown), MAC Bisque Eyeshadow (matte neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner (gold), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: MAC So Sweet, So Easy Cremeblend Blush (medium pink)
- Lips: MAC Preppy Lip Gelee
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 188 (small stippling brush)
- Substitutes: All Races = no dupe; Cross-Cultural = Espresso; Showstopper = Brun; So Sweet, So Easy = Ladyblush; Preppy = Pinkarat
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. With water-based mixing medium, apply Universal Mix pigment onto the eyelid with the 239. Using the 239, apply All Races eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Banshee eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Cross-Cultural eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying Showstopper eyeshadow with the 226. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Bisque eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Honey Liner on the lower lash line, and then sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply So Sweet, So Easy cremeblend blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 188.
For lips, apply Preppy lip gelee for shimmer and color on lips.