New Year’s Eve Look with MAC Peacocky
Though I spent New Year’s Eve at home playing with makeup (err, I mean, reviewing Peacocky!), I still felt like I needed to get a little dolled up–at the very least! It was actually the first New Year’s Eve that my boyfriend and I have spent together, just him and I. I wanted something soft but still a little glitzy, and the new Mega Metal Eyeshadows were obviously the way to go–get to test them out, get my glitz!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Dalliance Eyeshadow (pewter gold), MAC Sex-pectations Eyeshadow (pewter gold), (burgundy), MAC Centre Stage Eyeshadow (chocolate brown), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow,Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Liner (black) Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Burberry Pressed Powder (03)
- Cheeks: MAC Sur Blush (neutral pink-brown), MAC Gana Blush (champagne beige)
- Lips: MAC Scandelicious Kissable Lipcolour (dark pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 263 (angled eyeliner brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Dalliance = Urban Decay Maui Wowie; Sex-pectations = Cranberry; Centre Stage = Bronze; Sur = Prism; Gana = Soft & Gentle; Scandelicious = Korres #54
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Dalliance eyeshadow all over the lid. Lightly blend Centre Stage eyeshadow into the crease and blend into the outer corner with the 222. Next, apply Sex-pectations eyeshadow into the lower crease with the 239 (horizontally), lightly blending with Centre Stage. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Perversion eyeliner on the lower lash line and pat Dalliance eyeshadow on lower lower lash line with a dampened 219 to brighten. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sur blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116, then highlight with Gana blush using the 165.
For lips, apply Scandelicious lipcolour for a complementing lip.