Summer Makeup: Day at the Beach
There’s something about this look that reminds me of the beach, yet it’s not exactly beach colors. Oh, well! I wonder if it’s totally obvious that I love me some chartreuse green… Happy Monday!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Sour Lemon Eyeshadow (chatreuse), MAC Samoa Silk Eyeshadow (peach), MAC Vibrant Grape Eyeshadow (red-toned purple), MAC Orb Eyeshadow (matte highlighter), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (shimmery highlighter), Urban Decay Flipside 24/7 Liner (teal), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb Powder (pinky-peach)
- Lips: MAC Capricious Lipstick (muted purple-plum), MAC Springbean Lustreglass (sheer green-gold)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Sour Lemon eyeshadow on the lower lid. Lightly blend Samoa Silk eyeshadow from the lower crease to above the crease with the 239. Next, apply Vibrant Grape eyeshadow into the crease with the 226. Blend Orb eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone, then lightly tap Femme-fi eyeshadow right beneath the brow for shimmer. Bring everything together by applying Flipside liner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sugarbomb blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Capricious lipstick first, and then layer Springbean lustreglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos! Continue reading “Summer Makeup: Day at the Beach”
6 Must-Have Orange MAC Eyeshadows
About the Temptalia Must-Haves Series
A series of posts showcasing must-have products from MAC Cosmetics’ permanent line of products. Selections are based on quality, universality, uniqueness amongst the line, and the like. Limited edition shades are deliberately excluded to make buying easier. Readers’ comments act as a supplement to these lists of their favorites and must-haves. You can find the entire series here.
Orange eyeshadow is the truest orange available by MAC. It’s an oldie, but it’s a goody. With a matte texture, Orange can provide a ton of dimension whether used on the lid or crease.
Motif eyeshadow is a peachy-orange duochrome with a shimmery finish. I love it for the different ways it’ll look, depending on the colors next to it.
Gleam eyeshadow is a light, highlighter peachy shade. It’s pretty and easy to use for even someone who may be color shy.
See three more must-haves, plus get pairing recommendations! Continue reading “Best Orange Eyeshadows: 6 MAC Eyeshadows”