MAC Cremesheen Glasses: You’ve Got It, On the Scene, Fashion Whim, Chillin’, Right Image, Going Casual
MAC In the Groove Collection: Cremesheen Glasses
In the Groove launches on the 8th, and it contains six new and limited edition shades of Cremesheen Glass–a thin, non-sticky, sheer gloss. They coordinate rather obviously with the majority of the lipsticks, with the exception of Chillin’ which doesn’t quite align with any of the lipsticks from this launch.
- You’ve Got It is a subtle grayish brown with multicolored shimmer, predominantly white, though. It has that same mushroom-y look as Call My Bluff lipstick, so it would pair well with that. It would also wash out any of the other brighter shades a bit, too. It’s like a lighter, non-sticky version of Chai lipglass. It’s semi-sheer on lips–it tones down my natural color a bit and makes it look rather nude/washed out almost. Definitely not very brown on lips.
- On the Scene is a light orange-peach with subtle white shimmer. I know someone is going to ask me if I’m sure I didn’t mess the swatches up, but On the Scene looks incredibly similar to Fashion Whim when applied to [my] lips. I’m not even joking. I put them on side by side to make sure, and I couldn’t tell. On the Scene is just barely warmer than Fashion Whim. On the full-face, you can see the way one is warmer, one is cooler. At first, I thought it was like Ember Glow, but on lips it’s a little different.
- Fashion Whim is a light peach with pale gold shimmer. This is like a pinky nude that goes on semi-opaque . It’s kind of like Creme d’Nude in lipgloss form, or else a pinker version of C-Thru lipglass. It’s a little milky on my lips, so it has a tendency to emphasize lip lines.
- Chillin’ is a very light, pale cloudy blue. On lips, it really just like a milky cool-toned white with multi-colored shimmer. I think it may be nice to use to add glossiness and a bring out the cool tones of a lipstick. If you were hoping for a truer blue or something pigmented, this isn’t it.
- Right Image is a neutral-yellow pink with white shimmer. It’s just a pretty medium pink that applies semi-opaque with pink and white shimmer. Even though it’s pretty, you may own something similar.
- Going Casual is a cool-toned, blue-based pink with iridescent purple and white shimmer–almost leans a little purple. It has a very milky look and does settle into my lip lines.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ! 🙂
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 6/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: If you like ultra sheer, milky glosses, then these are totally up your alley!