Quick & Easy Look: Gold & Purple
Hmm, I was trying to do a combo I haven’t done before. It came out… interesting! I think it’s one of those looks-better-in-real-life kind of looks.
How’s your Tuesday going? I’m excited–my Nubar order arrived this afternoon, so I can’t wait to go play with those for a bit. I’m trying to give myself some me-time, because I finished up my last final yesterday (well, for law school–business school finals start up in a couple of weeks!), but it’s so hard for me to do that! At least I finally got my hair cut this afternoon. It only took a year and a half.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Benefit Stay Don’t Stray (neutral beige base), MAC Retrospeck Eyeshadow (dirty gold), MAC Stars ‘n Rockets Eyeshadow (fuchsia-purple), MAC Atlantic Blue Eyeshadow (PRO) (deep bright blue), MAC Digit Eyeshadow (icy purple), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Deviant 24/7 Liner (dark blue), Fresh Supernova Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb Blush (coral pink)
- Lips: MAC Sweetie Lipstick (soft pink), Illamasqua Fierce Lipgloss (purple), LORAC Cliche Multiplex Gloss (fuchsia)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Femme-fi = Shroom
For eyes, start by applying Stay Don’t Stray as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Retrospeck eyeshadow on the lower lid. Next, apply Atlantic Blue eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending outwards and upwards to fade to the brow bone. With the 239, apply Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow into the crease directly and then blended towards the outer corner and lid. Use Digit eyeshadow to fade the crease color towards the brow bone with the 239. Blend Femme-fi eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Deviant eyeliner on the lower lash line and Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Supernova mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sugarbomb blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Sweetie lipstick first, and then dab on a little Fierce lipgloss to make it a soft lavender-pink. Layer Cliche lipgloss for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos! Continue reading “Quick & Easy Look: Gold & Purple”
I did this look last night before we went out for my (early) birthday dinner at my favorite restaurant! I knew I wanted to take Chanel’s Dragon out for a night on the town, so it was all about the lips for this look 😉
I hope your Saturday has been wonderful so far! I’m feeling a bit under the weather, so I’ve been laying down for most of mine, but I figured I should at least get up and post this for you all!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Retrospeck eyeshadow (dirty champagne), Wedge eyeshadow (cool-toned medium brown), Swiss Chocolate eyeshadow (reddish brown), Blanc Type eyeshadow (whitish neutral), Feline kohl power (black liner), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Enough Said blush (bronzy)
- Lips: Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Laque (red)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Feline = Smolder; Enough Said = bronzer
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. With the 239, apply Retrospeck eyeshadow on the lower lid. Darken crease with Wedge eyeshadow using the 226, then deepen with Swiss Chocolate eyeshadow with the 219. Sweep Blanc Type eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Fline kohl power on lower lash line, and apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Enough Said blush using the 129. Apply Chanel Rouge Allure laquie to lips for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading “Look – Red Lips with Chanel Dragon”