MAC Fabulous Felines Look: Palace Pedigreed
This is a quick look I did on Friday using several products from the Palace Pedigreed portion of the Fabulous Felines collection.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Quite Spoiled Eyeshadow (pinky purple), MAC Courtly Eyeshadow (soft gray-mauve), MAC Palace Pedigreed Eyeshadow (dark burgundy), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Rockstar 24/7 Liner (burgundy), Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Plum Foolery Blush (plum)
- Lips: MAC Aristo-cat Lipstick (pinky plum with gold sheen), MAC Docile Lipglass (icy pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Quite Spoiled = Shale (not a great dupe), Courtly = Pink Venus (not a great dupe), Palace Pedigreed = Nocturnelle; Aristo-cat = Sophisto; Docile = Cultured
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Courtly eyeshadow on the middle of the lower lid. Lightly blend Quite Spoiled eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid with 239 and bring above the inner crease. Blend Palace Pedigreed eyeshadow on outer third of the lid and into the crease. Highlight the brow bone with Trench eyeshadow with the 239. Bring everything together by applying Rockstar liner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Plum Foolery blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Aristo-cat lipstick as a base color, then layer Docile lipglass on top for a complementing lip.
MAC Fabulous Felines – Palace Pedigreed
MAC Fabulous Felines: Palace Pedigreed Review, Photos, Swatches (Eyes)
Here’s the first of two posts on the Palace Pedigreed part of the Fabulous Felines Collection.
You can find official promotional photos and information on MAC Fabulous Felines here. I will not have full collection swatches and photos until I’m able to purchase the missing pieces. I purchased all of these through Bloomingdale’s, which is selling early online (no idea why).
Palace Pedigreed Eyeshadow Quad ($36.00 U.S. / $43.00 CDN)
- Courtly is a semi-sheer dirty mauve with a satin finish. It seemed rather muted to me, and it took a little extra work to get it to swatch well. The closest permanent shadow I could think of was Seedy Pearl, which has a lot more shimmer, significant pink tones, and an iridescent glow about it that make them quite different in actuality.
- Palace Pedigreed a darkened plum with a soft sheen and satin finish. It reminded me of a darker version of Plum Dressing, less purple Nocturnelle.
- Quite Spoiled is a pinky purple with a soft, satin finish. It has a subtle sheen of shimmer. It reminded me of a purple version of Modest Tone (N Collection).
- Russian Blue is a darkened teal with a matte finish. The pigmentation seems lacking, but when used with a brush, it’s a lot better, though it’s still not quite as pigmented as I’d like. You’ll want to use the pat-and-pack method rather than sweeping this shade on.
Superslick Liquid Eye Liner ($17.50 U.S. / $21.00 CDN)
- Nocturnal is a bright metallic silver with a high frost finish.
- Signature Blue is a medium-dark navy blue with lighter blue micro-shimmer.
- Smoky Heir is a burgundy plum with violet, plum, and purple micro-shimmer.
Pigment ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Bloodline is a darkened taupe-brown with a tiny bit of plum. When wet, it can be very intense. If used with a brush like an eyeshadow, it works well in the crease and darkens substantially.
- Mauvement is a chunky brownish mauve with flecks of gold. It’s an interesting shade, but it does have some chunkiness to the texture that can be bothersome. I’m really annoyed that I can’t find my original jar of Mauvement, because this seems browner than the original; slightly smoother, but still on the chunkier side.