MAC Oh Oh Oh Lipstick
MAC Me Over: Lipsticks
There are eight shades of MAC Lipstick ($15.00 for 0.05 oz.) launched with MAC Me Over. They include: Offshoot (mid-tone neutral pink), Oh, Oh, Oh (plum bronze with pearlized pigments), Peachstock (neutral peach), Prince Noir (deep blue-purple), Rebel (vivid pinkish purple), Runaway Red (rich red-blue), Secret Lover (pale pink with yellow pearlized pigments), and Smoked Purple (deep eggplant purple).
- Offshoot is a pink-plum with subtle red undertones. This shade has a cremesheen finish. The color coverage is nearly opaque, but it has the drier texture of a cremesheen, so it doesn’t feel thick or overly creamy. It is similar to Maybelline Bit of Berry but more muted. It is plummier than MAC Craving. Hourglass Nocturnal is slightly redder.
- Oh, Oh, Oh is a pink-plum with gold shimmer. The color is semi-opaque but true to the lustre finish. This shade has a lustre finish. It is sheerer and less burgundy than Benefit Breakup Rumour. It is plummier than MAC Capricious. Looks like it is similar to Plum Dandy but pinker.
- Peachstock is a light-medium beige with the warmth of peach. It’s opaque when applied. This shade has a satin finish, and it is permanent at PRO stores. It’s a bit lighter than MAC Imagine This and OCC Trick.
- Prince Noir is a deep, dark burgundy with red undertones and subtle shimmer. This shade has a matte finish. The color coverage is opaque, and I can see that this would would have a tendency to bleed around the edges, particularly if you find you are prone to that (I am not, but it did bleed a bit on me). It reminded me of a better quality Chanel Maniac. Make Up For Ever #49 is much purpler.
- Rebel is a rich burgundy with a fuchsia shimmer and vibrancy. The color is mostly opaque when applied. This shade has a satin finish, and it is permanent. It is darker and more vibrant than Guerlain Bee but deeper than Dolce & Gabbana Orchid.
- Runaway Red is a medium-dark blue-based red with a subtle fuchsia sheen. It’s mostly opaque on lips, but there is a hint of translucence. This shade has a satin finish. Make Up For Ever #48 and MAC Dark Side are browner. Guerlain Gwen is closer but not quite as dark. MAC Digna is similar but not as opaque.
- Secret Lover imparts no real color but lots of beige and pale gold shimmer. This shade has a lustre finish. It is similar to MAC Pretty Please.
- Smoked Purple is a dark eggplant purple with cool undertones. The color is mostly opaque, but the lipstick itself is quite dry so it’s difficult to get a really even layer. It will tug and drag across the lips. This shade has a matte finish, and it is permanent at PRO stores. Dolce & Gabbana Lust is less purple, while Make Up For Ever #48 is closer, it’s less purple/browner. MAC Faultlessly F/W is darker, purpler.
MAC Lipsticks are vanilla-scented, and the texture and color vary depending on the finish. Lustre lipsticks tend to have sheerer color with a glossier finish. They are supposed to be moisturizing, but I have always found them drying, and they have a tendency to wear off within two to three hours–faster if the shade is light. Satin lipsticks are more opaque with a creamier finish and tend to wear longer (four to five hours). Matte lipsticks wear well (four to five hours) but can sometimes be dry.
MAC Me Over is a 51-piece collection for fall, which will launch in North America on August 25th, 2011 and internationally in September 2011. It will launch online approximately August 23rd but there is no concrete online launch date. All products–unless otherwise noted–are limited edition.