MAC Port Red Lipstick
The Scarlet Season: MAC Port Red Lipstick
MAC Port Red Lipstick ($14.00 for 0.10 oz.) is a gorgeous ruby red with gold sheen. I really love this shade, and it’s neck-and-neck with Queen’s Sin as one of MAC’s better red lipsticks. They aren’t identical, as Queen’s Sin is a little deeper, with more berry as an undertone and doesn’t have the same gold shimmer. I love the gold flecks that you see in this lipstick. Port Red isn’t too orange or too blue, it’s just that right shade of true red. Surprisingly, it was launched in May of 2008 (so you may have to do some hunting to find it, e.g. on eBay), but it’s an amazing shade of red for the holiday season as well.
What about you? Would you wear this red?
The Scarlet Season is a series of posts showcasing and featuring my favorite shades of red lips–from glosses to lipsticks that runs through December 2009. You can sure expect to see a lot of red this holiday season!
See more swatches and comparison photos… Continue reading →
Just something I messed around with for FUN. Emphasis on fun and experimentation aka not necessarily a look I’d be running around town with on an everyday basis 😉
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Uppity fluidline (antique gold base), Rich Ground fluidline (warm brown base), Going Bananas eyeshadow (bright yellow), Goldmine eyeshadow (gold), Golden Lemon pigment (yellow gold), Beautyburst eyeshadow (warm brown), Carbon eyeshadow (black), Ricepaper eyeshadow (highlight), Feline kohl power (black), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Taupe blush (taupe)
- Lips: Port Red lipstick (cherry red), Cult of Cherry lipglass (bright red), Jampacked lipglass (dark berry)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Uppity = Indianwood; Goin’ Bananas = Sour Lemon; Beautyburst = Texture; Feline = Graphblack; Port Red = Russian Red; Cult of Cherry = Russian Red; Jampacked = Desire
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Uppity fluidline on eyelid as base using the 249 brush. Apply Rich Ground fluidline above that, above the crease with the 249 brush. Apply Going Bananas eyeshadow with the 239 over Uppity fluidline. Repeat, but with Goldmine eyeshadow. With the 249, apply Golden Lemon pigment lightly over Goldmine. Darken outer lid and crease with Beautyburst eyeshadow using the 239 brush. Above crease, apply Carbon eyeshadow lightly to darken and dramatify the look. Sweep Ricepaper eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Also sweep Goldmine eyeshadow along brow bone. Finish with Feline kohl power on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Taupe blush using the 129. Apply Port Red lipstick to lips, and then top with Cult of Cherry and Jampacked lipglass for color and shine.
Continue reading →
If you were using MAC’s Port Red lipstick?, what look would you create with it? What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips?
Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include Port Red! Feel free to share links to photos of your look(s) using it in the comments.