Soft Makeup: Sweet with Sugar Plums
Super soft look I did for Mother’s Day! Quick, easy, and wearable. 🙂
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Benefit Stay Don’t Stray (neutral beige base), MAC Seedy Pearl Eyeshadow (iridescent white-pink), MAC Shale Eyeshadow (gray-mauve), MAC Plum Dressing Eyeshadow (reddened plum), MAC Vanilla Eyeshadow (soft white highlighter), MAC Almost Noir Pearlglide Liner (dark burgundy), MAC Opulash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Pink Rebel Lustre Drops (peach-gold liquid highlighter), MAC Hipness Blush (coral pink)
- Lips: MAC Sweetie Lipstick (soft pink), Dior Mauve Accent Ultra Gloss (plummy pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Pink Rebel = Benefit High Beam; Hipness = Benefit Coralista
For eyes, start by applying Stay Don’t Stray as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Seedy Pearl eyeshadow on the lower lid. Next, apply Shale eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending outwards and upwards to fade to the brow bone. With the 239, apply Plum Dressing eyeshadow into the crease directly and then blended towards the outer corner and lid. Blend Vanilla eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Almost Noir eyeliner on the lower lash line and finish by sweeping lashes with Opulash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Pink Rebels lustre drops on the apples and upper cheekbones. Then, lightly apply Hipness blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Sweetie lipstick first, and then layer Mauve Accent ultra gloss for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!
9 Must-Have Purple MAC Eyeshadows
About the Temptalia Must-Haves Series
A series of posts showcasing must-have products from MAC Cosmetics’ permanent line of products. Selections are based on quality, universality, uniqueness amongst the line, and the like. Limited edition shades are deliberately excluded to make buying easier. Readers’ comments act as a supplement to these lists of their favorites and must-haves. You can find the entire series here.
Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow is one of my all-time favorite eyeshadows–from any brand, any color family–because it is absolutely stunning. It’s a vibrant fuchsia-purple color with soft shimmer. The sheen of it is both fuchsia and purple, which makes it very much like a duochrome. Seriously, if you do not have this in your collection, move it to the TOP of your list. I don’t care what new collection is coming out next, THIS outranks it!
Plum Dressing eyeshadow is a pretty mauvey-purple color. It has a little bit of red tones to it, which makes it not just a cool-toned purple. If you find cool-tones hard to work with on your skin tone, consider mauve/red-based purples instead. Let me make a note and say that Plum Dressing and Hepcat are very similar, and you probably only need one. I prefer Plum Dressing’s texture, but I love Hepcat’s name 😉
Hepcat eyeshadow is similar to Plum Dressing (read above!), though I’d say it runs a little redder. It’s a very pretty shade of mauve-purple with warm red tones in it. It looks awesome with Stars ‘n Rockets!
Parfait Amour eyeshadow is a medium-bright blue-purple, almost a violet shade. It’s fairly cool in tone, but it’s not overly cool. I love to wear this with golds, pinks, and silvers. It’s a well-pigmented shadow with a frost finish.
See five more must-have purple eyeshadows, plus get pairing ideas and some limited edition recommendations!