MAC Wonder Woman Look: Valiant
This is the look I wore when I was doing lip and blush swatches for Wonder Woman last week I will post a look using the Lady Justice palette later this week!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Manila Paper Eyeshadow (golden white beige), MAC Valiant Eyeshadow (pale yellow green), MAC Diana Undercover Eyeshadow (dark forest green), MAC Spinning Transformation Eyeshadow (olive brown), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow, Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Liner (black), MAC Army of Amazons Opulash Mascara (green)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (Medium), Burberry Pressed Powder (03)
- Cheeks: MAC Pink Power Mineralize Skinfinish (blush/bronzer)
- Lips: MAC Emancipation Lipglass (nude)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 263 (angled eyeliner brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Manila Paper = Nylon; Valiant = Juxt; Diana Undercover = Bottle Green; Spinning Transformation = Sumptuous Olive; Pink Power = Sunbasque; Emancipation = Bare Necessities
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Valiant eyeshadow on the inner half of the lower lid. Lightly blend Diana Undercover eyeshadow onto the outer third of the lid and crease with the 222. Apply Spinning Transformation eyeshadow on the outer crease with the 222. Use Manila Paper eyeshadow on the inner tear duct with the 239 to highlight. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Perversion on the lower lash line and blending Valiant eyeshadow underneath. Finish by sweeping lashes with Army of Amazons Opulash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Pink Power mineralize skinfinish on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Emancipation lipglass for a complementing lip.
Wonder Woman Comparison “Session”
MAC Wonder Woman: Blush and Mineralize Skinfinish Comparisons & Dupes
Here are comparisons for the blushes and mineralize skinfinishes! If I did not compare something, the most likely reason is because I do not own it.
- AMAZON PRINCESS (magenta side) is a lighter version of Her Blooming Cheek, while Band of Roses is less blue-based.
- AMAZON PRINCESS (redder side) is closest to New Vibe, which is slightly less intense. Band of Roses is a darker red with no coral. NARS Sin doesn’t compare.
- MIGHTY APHRODITE (pink coral side) is similar to Guerlain Blush G (pink side, not mixed) and NARS Deep Throat, which is a little less pink. Ripe Peach is more orange-based (this used equal parts of it; if you used the darker half, then it would be more similar). Benefit Bella Bamba is pinker, while Bite of an Apple is redder and darker (nothing alike).
- MIGHTY APHRODITE (red coral side) is pinker than Bite of an Apple.
- GOLDEN LARIAT (highlighting side) did not compare to any other highlighter I owned, because it has a very strong yellow base. It’s kindof like using Goldmine eyeshadow as a highlighter. NARS Albatross, for example, goes on as a white gold.
- GOLDEN LARIAT (bronzing side) is darker and less golden than both Comfort and Sunny by Nature. Gold Deposit is bronzy in comparison. A Little Bit of Sunshine is cooler and darker. Cheeky Bronze is similar in color but the gold shimmer makes it appear lighter.
- GOLDEN LARIAT (blushing side)is a touch darker than A Little Bit of Sunshine.
- PINK POWER (highlighting side) is paler than both Perfect Topping and Happy Together, which appear more beige.
- PINK POWER (bronzing side) is less golden than both Comfort and Sunny by Nature.
- PINK POWER (blushing side) has less pink than both Springsheen and NARS Super Orgasm.
MAC Pink Power Mineralize Skinfinish
MAC Wonder Woman: Pink Power Mineralize Skinfinish
MAC PINK POWER MINERALIZE SKINFINISH ($35.00 for 0.70 oz.) is a super-mega-jumbo-sized tri-colored mineralize skinfinish. MAC describes the colors as peachy rose with pink shimmer, soft rosy bronze, and soft shell pink with fine shimmer.
The oversize mineralize skinfinish does allow for easy use of each color individually, and I could see mixing and matching, though they’re wearable on an individual level. The way I looked at these mineralize skinfinishes was they included a “highlighter” shade, “bronzing” shade, and “blushing” shade.
The “highlighting” shade, which I found was best used that way (more shimmer than color when applied), is a pale champagne beige with white-gold shimmer. The “bronzing” shade is a mid-tone orange-tinged brown, but it doesn’t feel orange-y (like Golden Lariat) with a subtle satin sheen. The “blushing” shade is a peached pink with a shimmer-sheen.
my thoughts on the formula: Mineralize Skinfinishes can be used for a variety of things–from blush to bronzer to highlighter. The way you use it depends on your skin tone, how pigmented the particular shade of mineralize skinfinish is, the texture, and what you want to use it for. These are baked products, so they can be used wet or dry without fear of ruining the product. The texture is soft, but the fineness of the shimmer depends on the individual shade. Stippling brushes like the 187 and 188 are ideal for applying mineralize skinfinishes.
Normally, mineralize skinfinishes retail for $28 (0.35 oz.), so this is double the size for $7 more. To put it simply, you’re paying $50/oz. rather than $80/oz. Whether you’ll ever use all whopping 0.70 oz. of it depends on you! It does feel huge, though, and the size makes it less convenient to tote around in your bag or makeup bag. I also think that for its gigantic-size, I would have loved to see a mirror included.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 10/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 3/5
final thoughts: I thought this one actually worked well–I can see a variety of skin tones working this. Golden Lariat may pull too orange to be wearable for some, but Pink Power looks beautiful applied. It has enough warmth to work for my warmer-toned friends, but it’s not so warm that it turns orange, so it should be lovely on cooler skin tones, too.
where to buy: MAC Cosmetics