How to Wear MAC Photo Realism Eyeshadow Quad
MAC’s Photo Realism Eyeshadow Quad (see review, swatches, and photos here) is a recently released palette of cool-toned shades. The quad contains these shades: Photorealism (pale yellow-gold); Fresh Approach (pale mint green); Image Maker (grayish green); and Grey Range (dark blue-green). Here are five combinations (plus a bonus one!)…
- Inner Lid: Photorealism
- Outer Lid: Image Maker
- Crease: Grey Range
- Brow: Photorealism
- Cheek: The Perfect Cheek
- Lip: Hold the Pose, New Spirit
See more combinations… Continue reading →
MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection — Photo Realism Eyeshadow Quad
Richard Phillips contributed three eyeshadow quads to the MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection. Let’s take a look at the earthy quad called Photo Realism…
Photo Realism Eyeshadow Quad ($36.00)
- Photorealism is a paled down yellow-gold with a bit of a taupe-mix in the base with a frost finish. This is a very unique color, actually. Just the way the gold comes together makes it unusual.
- Fresh Approach is a cool-toned, minty green. It’s not a bright, springy green, because it is mixed with a little bit of aqua to make it more of a mint green. It has a veluxe pearl finish, so it has a nice, smooth texture with great color pay off.
- Image Maker is grayish green with a frosty finish. It actually reminded me of Club eyeshadow with less reddish tones.
- Grey Range is a dark blue-green and is a pretty good match to Deep Blue Green pigment, actually. It has a veluxe pearl finish, which is why it has good pigmentation.
I’d put both Photo Realism and Notoriety eyeshadow quads on the same level–they’re both nice palettes with colors that go on smoothly and have good color to them. Notoriety is likely the more wearable between the two, because of the neutral tones, but Photo Realism is surprisingly wearable. None of the colors are so bright or bold that they couldn’t be used in a more subtle look. I’m really impressed with Photorealism, just because it has so much dimension to it. I love the idea of Grey Range, because I’ve always wanted an eyeshadow the color of Deep Blue Green pigment (I don’t like pressed pigments). These colors also just scream FALL! to me, too. I like it when things fit!
- Product: 8/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 8/10
- Packaging: 9/10
- Overall: 8/10
Recommendation: Perfect for fall, Photo Realism is a great combination of softer, cool-tone greens and blues. If you like a little color in your looks, you might find yourself falling for this quad.
See up-close photos and swatches… Continue reading →