Makeup You Wanna Eat: Pinks & Purple
This look reminded me of cupcakes or maybe ice cream. Either way, I was like, “Mmm, I want some food!” (Preferrably something sweet, much to the dismay of my thighs…) For those who follow me on Twitter, *this* was the look I just wasn’t lovin’. Encouragement from my girl Pursebuzz made me OK enough to post this anyway 🙂 Though I totally meant to post this early this morning, but between studying for my final tonight and writing a final paper… it all kind of got lost in the mix!
By the by, I also tried out wearing MAC Blooming Lovely Lipstick + English Accents Lipglass, and I can see it working much better on someone with cooler undertones or even a paler complexion. I don’t always post looks that are most suitable to me, because I know not everyone who reads the blog is warm-toned and may prefer to see some cooler looks that may look better on them than I 🙂
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Fuchsia Pigment (medium bright pink), MAC Give Me Liberty of London Eyeshadow (pastel pink), MAC Free to Be Eyeshadow (matte coral), MAC Dame’s Desire Eyeshadow (medium-dark iridescent purple), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Lust 24/7 Liner (purple), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Setting Powder
- Cheeks: MAC Prim & Proper Blush (nude-pink), MAC Shell Pearl Beauty Powder (peach champagne)
- Lips: MAC Petals & Peacocks Lipstick (bright pink), MAC English Accents Lipglass (light medium pink with lilac)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 165 (tapered blush brush)
- Substitutes: Give Me Liberty of London = Girlie (Pen ‘n Pink, if you have it – it’s discontinued now!); Dame’s Desire = Creme de Violet; Prim & Proper = Tenderling; Shell Pearl = Soft & Gentle; Petals & Peacocks = Girl About Town; English Accents = Cultured
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply Fuchsia pigment all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Give Me Liberty of London eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Free to Be eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Dame’s Desire eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Dame’s Desire eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Lust eyeliner on the lower lash line and Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Prim & Proper blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116. With the 165, gently tap Shell Pearl beauty powder on the cheek bones to highlight.
For lips, apply Petals & Peacocks lipstick first, and then layer English Accents lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!