Lipglass: Spree, Fancy Cat
MAC Fabulous Felines: Burmese Beauty Review, Photos, Swatches (Lips & Cheek)
Be sure to check out part one if you’re looking for the eyeshadow quad, eyeliners, and pigments that go along with this part of the collection.
Lipglass ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Fancy Cat is a darkened brown with a slight plum edge and multi-colored shimmer, though predominantly yellowed gold. It has a semi-opaque look on lips; may look splotchy when worn alone. It’s a little similar to Chai lipglass, but I’d say the shimmer is what differentiates the two.
- Spree is a darkened champagne-coral with lots of frosty shimmer. It’s nearly opaque on lips.
- Jealous is a sheer green-tinged base with white, green-gold, and pale gold shimmer. Better for layering than worn alone, since it tends to just look like clear gloss with shimmer by itself. It’s much cooler and paler than Springbean lustreglass.
Lipstick ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Kittenish is a darkened red with subtle ruby shimmer with a cremesheen finish. It’s opaque, and it’s rather slippery and glaze-like for a cremesheen. If you typically find cremesheens drying and often skip the formula, you may want to give Kittenish the once-over. It feels like a lighter version of Media (permanent).
- Liquid Lurex is a multi-colored, slightly yellowed gray glittered dazzle finish lipstick–was also recently released with Digi-Pops. This is a shade better layered than worn alone.
- Pet Me Please is a pale mauve with a high frost finish. If you are not a fan of shimmery or frosty lips, definitely skip this one. It is one of the frostier lipsticks I’ve seen released lately. It is opaque, though. It’s a bit similar to Pervette, but it’s a lot frostier, more opaque, and pinker.
- To Pamper is a semi-opaque taupe nude with a lustre finish. For a lustre, it’s surprisingly pigmented, but it has that glossy, slightly sheered out look, too. This is very nude, and on me, not so flattering as it blends in with my skin tone. It reminded me of Call My Bluff (In the Groove) as well as Shitaki (permanent).
Mineralize Blush ($21.00 U.S. / $25.00 CDN)
- The Soft Meow is a muted medium tan brown. It’s not warm, it’s not cool–it’s very neutral. It’s more of a bronzing shade than a contouring color. Personally, it seemed a little dirty on my skin tone, though–perhaps because it lacks warmth, so on my warmer skin tone, it doesn’t look so hot.