MAC Peacocky: Kissable Lipcolour Dupes & Comparisons, Part 1
Part one of two for the Kissable Lipcolours! 🙂 The biggest concern regarding finding similar shades is the fact that these are a lipstick/lipgloss hybrid. By comparing it to a lipstick or lip gloss, you are really not getting the same thing. I would say using a lipstick dupe is more similar, because these have the dry down that looks more like a particularly creamy lipstick (think perhaps an Amplified finish) with some slip. This is why I looked more for dupes within similar product types.
- ENCHANTEE is similar but less blue-based as Snob lipstick and Viva Glam Gaga lipglass.
- EXXXHIBITIONIST is extremely similar to Viva Glam Cyndi lipglass (I would say Exxxhibitionist is probably more pigmented when worn and slightly more orange-based). Vegas Volt is similar but not quite as intense. Illamasqua Temper is much, much brighter and more intense.
- FLAUNTING IT is plummier than Illamasqua Move, while it is more opaque than Plumful lipstick. I didn’t have it on hand to swatch, but Chanel Stunt is more neutral, less pink/plum (see my original review here)–it is nonetheless one of the closer dupes I have come across for Stunt.
- LOVE PECK is a darker, glossier version of Dark Side lipstick, while it is nothing like Illamasqua Fume (hey, it was worth a shot!). There have been several vampy-berry glosses released by MAC in the past year, but I felt that most of them lacked the opacity of Love Peck.
- PEACOCKY is comparable to OCC Rx Lip Tar, which is a brighter, truer blue, while Peacocky appears darker and has shimmer. I’m sure it comes as a total shocker that I don’t have twenty other blues to compare this to… 😉
- SCANDELICIOUS is closest to Korres #54, which is redder. Illamasqua Frenzy is significantly lighter, so I would not consider comparable at all. Illamasqua Petulant is a brighter pink.