MAC Cremesheen Glass: Double Dare, Richer Lusher, Partial to Pink, Just Superb (x2),
Fashion Scoop, Deelight, Over Indulgence, Boy Bait
MAC Too Fabulous: Cremesheen Glass Reviews, Photos, Swatches, Lip Swatches
Cremesheen Glass is a creamy, milkier kind of gloss that’s creamy without being overly thick. Cremesheen glass is vanilla-scented and a non-sticky gloss that tends to be sheerer when applied to lips. I was pleasantly surprised to see a few more pigmented shades included in the launch (and now added to the permanent range, from what I have been told), like Double Dare. These are packaged in the lengthened tube like Dazzleglass, and they don’t contain nearly as much product as traditional lipglass and lustreglass do (0.08 oz. vs. 0.17 oz.) and are $4 more.
Update: Loud & Lovely review, photos, swatches, and so forth now included! 3/4/10
My favorites are Double Dare and Richer, Lusher! What are yours?
Cremesheen Glass ($18.00)
- Partial to Pink is a yellow-pink with subtle gold shimmer. On my lips, it looks like a milky baby pink with decent coverage but still a bit sheer. This is a repromoted shade.
- Double Dare is a slightly toned-down creamy red with no real shimmer. Once applied, it looks like an almost coral-red with a very glossy finish. Kind of makes me think “juicy.”
- Just Superb is a neutral pink that might lean just a smidgen blue-pink, but it’s fairly neutral. It looks a lot like Partial to Pink, but more muted, on my lips.
- Richer, Lusher is a creamy, peach coral. Despite looking so rich when swatched on skin, once on my lips, it gives them a very light, pinky-peach look, but definitely nothing like the tube!
- Fashion Scoop is a sheer, shimmered icy blue-pink. When I applied this to my lips, it gave me a paler, milkier pink lip with noticeable shimmer (this is one of the more shimmery shades of Cremesheen Glass). This is a repromoted shade.
- Over Indulgence is a creamy, kind of milky, slightly warmed-up brown. Though it looks rather brown in the swatch, on my lips it’s surprisingly wearable–it’s like a muted peachy-brown on my lips.
- Boy Bait is a creamy peachy nude. I know this is a favorite amongst fans of Cremesheen Glass, but it doesn’t do much on my lips — kind of a creamy look, but seems to emphasize my lip lines. This is a repromote.
- Deelight is a milky, muted plum. This looks very natural on my lips, because my lips are naturally a pinked plum with a little bit of corpse thrown in.
- Loud & Lovely is a brightened medium-deep pink that goes on semi-sheer–it’s not an opaque gloss (I was kind of anticipating coverage like Double Dare), but it does give more color than the average Cremesheen Glass.